B series sleeves

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reikoshea

HS Troll...And Mod
VIP
do B16s and GSRs need to be sleeved for turbo. i cant really tell from what ive seen lately. I know the LS does, but the others got me stumped.

Depends... but the LS doesn't need to sleeved in a situation where the GSR and B16 do not. If you're at a power level where you need to resleeve the LS block, you'll want to resleeve the VTEC blocks too.

thanks. i went into jotech (in garland) and i saw a sleeved LS block for sale and i didnt ask while i was there or i would have bought a new engine....

Tip #1- don't go to Jotech. Trust me. Go to Intercrew. Tell Phillip that Mike sent you.

dont worry...i give phillip most of my business. i was in mesquite and i didnt feel like driving to richardson to buy a 3 dollar nut. so i went to jotech and got it from them.

I ran a T3 on my stock LS and never had a problem. You dont have to resleve if your not looking for much power. 7 psi you could get away with stock sleves.

you sure about that....

I wouldn't push stock sleeves past 300 hp, the cost of sleeves isn't rediculously drastic and if you're trying to make more than 300hp, you should be looking into them.

I guess I stand corrected.

And yes 300 whp is plenty doable on an LS. I personally still wouldn't push the stock sleeves past 300 hp.

agreed but with real good tuning there not needed for a normal turbo car. heres mine
med_gallery_24342_247_309842.jpg

BOING....my pipi just got rigo mortis

well i can get most of my engine work done for free (actually i pay it back in engine work for other people) at my friend's shop. Basically i can use his tools if i like install springs on a head that he's working on. ya do what you gotta do.

Quoted post[/post]]
dont worry...i give phillip most of my business. i was in mesquite and i didnt feel like driving to richardson to buy a 3 dollar nut. so i went to jotech and got it from them.

He's in Garland right now... actually very close to Mesquite. Hit the web site and check out the new address.

aww shit, no way, when did that happen. I was drunk at UTD, and apparently i was telling a friend to go talk to phillip (at 3AM) when we drove by the shop. crazy

About the beginning of the year, actually... Phillip bought the new place quite a while ago, and had a pre-grand opening party a few months back.

what are the best sleeves to buy for a B16a2 and where do you guys recomend i buy from??
the last ones i looked at were AEBS T-sleeves but they were over a grand isn't that way too expensive??

Don't bring back old threads, just start a new one to ask your question. Then we can all reply with "Do a search noob!" :D

Back