B Series Throttle Body Fit D Series?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

djsgtrip

Anybody know if a B20 throttle body will bolt up and fit on a 92-95 (D16Z6) intake manifold??

I may be wrong but I always heard that was a no, I forget why. I'd suppose as long as the IM is as wide as the TB then it shouldn't matter.

yes it will fit!!! i have one on a z6 intake manifold but the one i have is off of a b18b. fits just fine. the only bad part is that u have to port the maniold to fit the tb. other wise its a big step from the end of the tb to the start of the manifold. just check to make sure that all the vacume lines and so one are the same. if not a b18b tb will fit.

Yea see.. your IM needs to be ported to match. The y8 IM doesn't.

They do bolt up, but its not a bolt up and start up and drive off. You need to port the IM.

I'm asking this cuz I figure it would be cheaper to buy a stock B series throttle body which is 58-60 mm, than to get a ported Gude/JG/RC D16Z6 throttle body which can only be ported to a maximum of 60 mm. Thanks a lot guys for the helpful info.

Originally posted by djsgtrip@Mar 15 2003, 03:47 PM
I'm asking this cuz I figure it would be cheaper to buy a stock B series throttle body which is 58-60 mm, than to get a ported Gude/JG/RC D16Z6 throttle body which can only be ported to a maximum of 60 mm. Thanks a lot guys for the helpful info.

If you want, the h-series TB's fit also. :)

thats what he said, all d series manifolds besides the old dpfi motors. it shjould fit just fine, the IM will need to be ported tho.

I finally got my B18B throttle body. It's WAY bigger than the D16Z6 t/b. However, I had to port the intake manifold a lot just to port match it. It's well worth the work tho. My car sounds and feels totally different....more torque and top end. I recommend anyone with a 92+ D series motor to swap to a B series T/B. I bought my LS t/b for $30 with sensors.

Originally posted by CRX_Si@Mar 20 2003, 11:26 PM
are the d16z6 and a6 TBs the same? thanks

The A6 is smaller, by 2mm I think.

Back