b16 02 sensor boggin

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b16hatch

A few weeks back i installed a chickara header on my JDM 1st gen b16 engine. The orginial header had 2 senors , i just disconnected them and never hooked em back up because i couldnt figure out how to do it . SO right now im runnin no 02senors, they are not hooked up. Should i have someone hook em up , is this hurting my car not running them?

O ya i also forgot to mention im not throwin no codes, no check engine light, just hesistates at a steady speed , if i give it gas it goes away.
BUMP for advice.

Originally posted by b16hatch@Mar 27 2005, 04:21 AM
O ya i also forgot to mention im not throwin no codes, no check engine light, just hesistates at a steady speed , if i give it gas it goes away.
BUMP for advice.
[post=479285]Quoted post[/post]​

u need your 02 sensors your car will run fuckin rich and burn plenty gas

try advancing your timing to solve the hesitation...

no o2's and no codes = WTF???

what ecu? chipped?

Thats the weird thing , no codes , ive looked before for i think its a pr3,its not chipped. Its not really burnin to much gas either , im still get 200 miles to my 8 gallon tank.is this hurting the my engine or affecting performance? Ill get em fixed.

Yeah, hook em up again. It's not hard there's only two wires (one per sensor). Probably worth replacing the sensors - when I replaced mine I started getting over 300 miles/tank. The sensors paid for themselves in fuel within 2 months. I also, started getting better response and the car felt more powerful (maybe placebo though)

Yeah I think that is what is wrong with my car. It is a 91 B16A and I have a PWO and it blinks 2 times steady. And I looked it up and it said its the Secondary O2 sensor. Right now when it gets warmed up it will rev from like 1.5-1 back and forth and it drives me crazy. And it does hesitate sometime when I am going a steady speed. How hard is it to replace my O2 sensor? If I go to the auto store what year do I ask them I need an O2 sensor for? Will one for a 90-93 Integra work? I am a complete noob but have learned a lot from you guys.

Thanks,
4DRB16A

That's really weird because I am running the a PR3 in my 89 CRX and when I did not have both O2's hooked up I was throwing code 1 like crazy.

Originally posted by darien234@Mar 30 2005, 08:11 AM
That's really weird because I am running the a PR3 in my 89 CRX and when I did not have both O2's hooked up I was throwing code 1 like crazy.
[post=480626]Quoted post[/post]​

I think code 1 is the main O2 sensor.

Originally posted by 4DRB16A+Mar 30 2005, 11:07 AM-->
darien234
@Mar 30 2005, 08:11 AM

[post=480654]Quoted post[/post]​

I wired another to pin C8 and the code went away.

Originally posted by 4DRB16A+Mar 30 2005, 10:07 AM-->
darien234

Where is the pin C8? Is it the connector in the middle? I want to make sure before I go unplugging wires if this is the main one. There is a white wire that is in the 8 slot. Should I just cut the wire and run a wire to the 2nd O2 sensor? Please help me as I am trying to get this done on my day off I've been wanting to get this done forever.

Thanks

Originally posted by 4DRB16A+Apr 1 2005, 04:08 PM-->
Originally posted by 4DRB16A@Mar 30 2005, 10:07 AM
darien234

Where is the pin C8? Is it the connector in the middle? I want to make sure before I go unplugging wires if this is the main one. There is a white wire that is in the 8 slot. Should I just cut the wire and run a wire to the 2nd O2 sensor? Please help me as I am trying to get this done on my day off I've been wanting to get this done forever.

Thanks
[post=481444]Quoted post[/post]​

Go to reference material and look at the obdo pic. of the pinout, click on it to enlarge it. That way you don't get the wrong wire.

Originally posted by darien234+Apr 1 2005, 04:19 PM-->
Originally posted by 4DRB16A@Apr 1 2005, 04:08 PM
darien234

Thanks

Go to reference material and look at the obdo pic. of the pinout, click on it to enlarge it. That way you don't get the wrong wire.
[post=481470]Quoted post[/post]​

Hell yeah thanks man!! Now I have no more bogging of power when it gets warmed up. Now it runs as smooth as can be. Once again thanks!

Originally posted by 4DRB16A+Apr 1 2005, 05:19 PM-->
Originally posted by darien234@Apr 1 2005, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by 4DRB16A@Apr 1 2005, 04:08 PM
darien234

Thanks

[post=481470]Quoted post[/post]​

Hell yeah thanks man!! Now I have no more bogging of power when it gets warmed up. Now it runs as smooth as can be. Once again thanks!
[post=481484]Quoted post[/post]​

Damnit I hate to say it but my idle is still surging from 1-1.5 up and down but the check engine light doesnt come on and its not throwing any codes. What else can it be?

Alright guys I know this topic is getting old but I thought I had the O2 sensor thing fixed but my check engine light still comes on and the computer is still throwing code 2. I ran a wire from my 2nd O2 to ecu pinout C8 and it is still messing up. I read on another forum that I can splice my 2nd O2 in with my primary. Can this be done safely?

Thanks

Can someone please help me with this? This is getting so aggravating for me. I cut the end off of the second O2 sensor and just ran 1 wire from the sensor to ecu pinout C8. This is the right way right? Man I am such a noob. Please dont laugh.

all you have to do is run ur second o2 sensor wire to the 1st 1 splice them together you'll get the same reading no check engine light and ur car will run great beleave me i have the same car, header, and motor as you and this is how mines is set up.. you'll have all readings from 1 o2 sensor

Originally posted by superstreetb16@Apr 5 2005, 11:24 AM
all you have to do is run ur second o2 sensor wire to the 1st 1 splice them together you'll get the same reading no check engine light and ur car will run great beleave me i have the same car, header, and motor as you and this is how mines is set up.. you'll have all readings from 1 o2 sensor
[post=483139]Quoted post[/post]​

Thanks man!!!! I can't wait to hook it up when I get home!!!

Back