b16 0r b18b?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dansace

I just wanted to get some other peoples opinion before I make my purchase. I change my mind alot so hopefully you guys can help me make my mind up. I originally was going to get this b16a3 from my friend but he romoved the head and it appears it has some surface rust in the cylinders. I don't want to mess with it. It's only 1000 but not worth the headache. Then I thought about a d15b sohc v-tec-don't want to sell myself short. Now it's between the SIR II b16 or the b18b. I understand that the b18 is not V-TEC but if I wanted to do a LS/V-TEC later this would be a better Idea, right? Are they both the same as far as difficulty into a 92 CX? Also I am looking for a good company to purchase from-anyone dealt with JDMshit.com? Osaka? I've heard bad things about Osaka but have also heard great things about them. I hear hmotorsportsonline is very good also. Just don't want to buy junk........Thanks for any feedback! :D

go with the b16a now if you want vtec later.

ls/vec is an expwnsive build, but its more expenxive if you start with an ls motor.

so basically start with the b16a and if you want more you can pick up a good b18 block for around $200 and you could move all your b16 stuff onto it and make gobs of power.

B18B is great w/ Turbo. Osaka blows my friend Dave from JDMSh*t is reliable but I would try JDMPower.net if i were you. Call us at 888 JDM PART

I was looking at your site today-had some questions for you but couldn't get through on friday. I'll try again tommorow. Do you guys have b18's? Thanks.

:werd: on osaka..... i have heard nothing but bullshit about them :thumbsdown:

and :werd: on the LS/T..... with boost you wont miss VTEC

I'm kinda afraid of turbo-I don't know much about it. I always hear of people blowing thier engines and things like that. Of course you always hear the bad more than the good. I was thinking of going with osaka (mainly because of price) but I think I will either go with JDMpower or Hmotorsports. Thanks for the feedback! Does anyone know what kind of hp a LS/Vtec will put down at the wheel?

every LS/VTEC is a custom build so there really is no set numbers

and by the time you would have gotten done with osaka you would have spent another $2000 on shit it didnt come with or replacing fucked up shit
bigass :thumbsdown: to osaka..... fuckin bastards

you can also do an all motor LS like bill did ... the car is badass
11.1:1 CR (JDM B16 pistons)
Crower 402s (more agressive than the high lobes on a JDM ITR or CTR)
get a modded ECU
drop a close ratio tranny on it and youll kill most VTECs out there

well its not going to have quite as much low end (if i remember the dyno charts right) ... but its definatly not a dog at low RPMs
Brian just took 1st place in todays autoX with that car and its still got the stock tranny and ECU on it (ie: its nowhere near its potential)
oh and the shitty tires werent helping AT ALL

A stock b18 has 127 torque and the b16 has 111 if i'm not mistaken. So a built ls would have even better low end right?

my bad i was talking about bills built LS vs my ITR
yeah his car shits all over B16 swapped hatches like its its job

Back