1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B16 aftermarket compatibility

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by YangpaNemsay, Nov 9, 2004.

1. YangpaNemsay

YangpaNemsay Senior Member

I'm planning for a B16 SiRII Swap and was curious as to the compatibility of the engine. I know that it came with the some JDM Civics, some JDM Integras, the Del Sol, and the later gen USDM Civic Si.

I read that a Del Sol AEM Intake bolted right up to a SiR I motor. I was wondering if this would be true with a SiRII and if aftermarket bolt ons and internals for the 99-00 Civic Si, and the Del Sols would be 100% compatible.

2. adnoh

adnoh Senior Member

Doesn't really matter man. All the variants of the B16 are pretty much Identical designs......some trannies are cable, some are hydro, the SiRII has higher compression and more aggressive cams, but other than that, they are EXACTLY the same engines. As for Bolt-ons, It's more dependant on what shell you have.....I have a EG with a SiRII and I usually buy bolt-ons for a B16 Del-Sol or a 99-00 SiR....... Anything will fit pretty much. But if you have a SiRII in an EK or some older models, you may not have the space under the hood for parts like intakes.....

Remember...a B16 is a B16 any way you slice it....their parts are 100% interchangeable.

3. YangpaNemsay

YangpaNemsay Senior Member

Thank's for the info homeboy.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted