B16? B18?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Marcizo

Hey guys, i'm a new member of this site. i don't exactly know how this works but here come the questions:
I have a 99 honda civic ex, as you all know, this comes with a d16y8 motor, which isn't all that bad. but i really wanna kill these v8's out here, i know that's a little hard to pull off but i'm sure i can do it. anyways, i know sticking with this sohc ain't going to cut it, at least i don't think. so ya, i saw a site that sells jdm b16a2 motors, kickin' 170 hp's in it. and i was really looking into that. but some friends of mine say, ls motors are much better. so, which motor is a good way to go guys? and if you guys can help me in finding good ones that would be great too. thanks

well if your going boost, I would reccomend a b18. And if your going to keep up with v8s, your probably going to want boost. The b16 is by no means a bad motor, it's just not as optimal for boost. If your going n/a, the b16 isn't actually all that bad of a choice.

the b16 is not at all bad for n/a ass kicking. you could bore it to a 1.8 and have optimal rod/stroke ratio so if you ever wanted to rev to 12k you could. even though i don't think you ever would but i'm just saying it's a bad ass motor

you'd have to stroke it and bore it to make almost 1.8L which is not really worth it, but the B16 is a great motor.
na, go b16
fi, go b18

Back