B16/CRX running like crap..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

kingwilly

heres the situation/jdm b16/pr3/88 crx si.i started it up for the first time today and it sounded way out of tune/lots of vibrations/not much throttle response.so i turned it off after tryin it a couple of times and now im lookin for info..im not sure if i got the vacum lines hooked up right(i just did what this one guy did at his website he said his works good)well mine sure doesnt.i got new spark plugs in it,its all grounded,there was a couple of things i had to do when i got the motor,the dis cap was broken and so was the TPS sensor,i replaced the dis cap with crx one and it fit fine after a little notch i dremmeled so it would fit right,then i took the TPS sensor off my stock motor and put it on but i didnt adjust it or anything cuz i dont have the shit to do that..anyways any info on makin this thing run would be most cool.does anyone know the best vacum line hookup?what goes where and all that..or any info shit im getting dissapointed with this whole swap

so does anyone think that the crx dis cap or tps sensor is causing a problem?it starts up just runs wack but ill go do some testing and some monster garage action..hehe

the dis can be pretty specific for honda's,get the right one...new..you spent the $$$ to do it ,do it right.....probably fix your prob anyway a new tps could fix this also,both are important to tuning after you get it running if they arent your prob

what distributor cap and rotor should i get for jdm b16a/pr3?and where should i get it?

if you had to get a distributor cap/rotor for a jdm b16a/pr3 what would you get?what do you people think about the cranecams.com/fireball distributor kit?

i got jdm b16a,so b16a2 stuff will work?nevermind about the vacum help i figured it out,i had the fpr hooked up to the im and a vac sensor(didnt work too good)now the fpr is just goin to the im and whatnot..my problem is the clutch cable isnt fitting right,it was keeping the clutch open constantly,i tried modifying the stock crx one and it still didnt work so i got an integra cable and the same shit is happening.someone told me to get the clutch cable bracket off my stock crx motor and that will make it work.is this true?

Back