B16 head built for an ls vtec

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CrazyAzn

i have this head, or rather i can get this head that is fully built from a 2000 si. the thing is, it was built for an lsvtec and has the dowel pins drilled bigger along with the oil passage blocked.

now my current set up has bad valve seasl which is results in burning oil, and smoke. . . damn i hate smoke. . lol, but anyways, i was wondering how would i get this head onto a gsr block?

would i have to get the holes machined smaller? or use something like the golden eagle vtec dowles but flip them around? someone shed some light on this plz.

thanks,
kyle

hey man, u sound like u know an awful lot wi engines there.. so help me out? is there any difference between the ESI D16Z6 and the ESI DI6V6? I had the D16Z6 in the car but had to get another engine and its D16V6....?

Machine the gsr block to fit the ls dowels. Unblock the oil passage - if it was done right, you should be able to just unscrew a little plug out of the oil passage and block the passage that was modified for use on the ls block.

i also realized the ls dowles go on the opposite side of the head. Couldnt i just take the ls ones out and use the b16 ones that go on the exhaust side of the head, since the ls dowles go on the intake side?

im not sure, but i believe when u have an lsvtec, you move the dowles to the intake side, correct?

I know you have to move dowels around somewhere, but I don't remember the positions. :(

Back