b16 head, gsr block

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CrazyAzn

okay well i noe this is called a poormans itr, but i was wondering what head bolts could i use? would i use b16 head bolts or gsr bolts?

or rather can i use b16 head bolts?

or do i have to use gsr bolts?

im asking this because ir ead something on imporbuilder that people strip the head bolt holes, due to shorter headbolts. . . im not sure about this, which is why im asking. . .

thanks,
kyle

you use gsr head studs. and its only a "poor mans itr" if you add itr or ctr pistons. switching from a gsr to a b16 head lowers the c/r of the motor by .3, which hurts power. you need to regain that loss with higher c/r pistons or you end up gaining almost nothing.

yep gsr bolts, I have this setup in my hatch, the only thing that the b16 head does better is it flows a little better than the gsr, performance is about the same as a stock gsr

Quoted post[/post]]
the b16 head does better is it flows a little better than the gsr, performance is about the same as a stock gsr

uhm... are you trying to stir up a shit storm? this can be argued like a mofo... some say the b16 head flows better than the GSR, some say the GSR head flows better than the B16

thanks guys, i was just wondering which headbolts/studs to use. . .i think ill call up my friend at honda to get me some gsr headbolts. . . lol oh and im running .25 over b16 pistons. . . cus u noe over here in ca, we get shit 91. . haha

thanks guys.

oh and if your wondering the set up is.

95 gsr bottom end, freshly rebuilt/bored/honed/decked
.25 over b16 pistons
dc headers
2.25 in exhaust
skunk2 IM
aem intake
hondata gasket
holley 68mm throttle body
01 gsr cams

which is going into an ef