1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b16 head, gsr block

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by CrazyAzn, Jan 26, 2006.

1. CrazyAzn

CrazyAzn Senior Member

okay well i noe this is called a poormans itr, but i was wondering what head bolts could i use? would i use b16 head bolts or gsr bolts?

or rather can i use b16 head bolts?

or do i have to use gsr bolts?

im asking this because ir ead something on imporbuilder that people strip the head bolt holes, due to shorter headbolts. . . im not sure about this, which is why im asking. . .

thanks,
    kyle

2. handlebarsfsr

handlebarsfsr Senior Member

you use gsr head studs. and its only a "poor mans itr" if you add itr or ctr pistons. switching from a gsr to a b16 head lowers the c/r of the motor by .3, which hurts power. you need to regain that loss with higher c/r pistons or you end up gaining almost nothing.

3. Tyler

Tyler Senior Member

yep gsr bolts, I have this setup in my hatch, the only thing that the b16 head does better is it flows a little better than the gsr, performance is about the same as a stock gsr

4. brian11to1

brian11to1 Senior Member

uhm... are you trying to stir up a shit storm? this can be argued like a mofo... some say the b16 head flows better than the GSR, some say the GSR head flows better than the B16

5. CrazyAzn

CrazyAzn Senior Member

thanks guys, i was just wondering which headbolts/studs to use. . .i think ill call up my friend at honda to get me some gsr headbolts. . . lol oh and im running .25 over b16 pistons. . . cus u noe over here in ca, we get shit 91. . haha

thanks guys.

oh and if your wondering the set up is.

95 gsr bottom end, freshly rebuilt/bored/honed/decked
    .25 over b16 pistons
    dc headers
    2.25 in exhaust
    skunk2 IM
    aem intake
    hondata gasket
    holley 68mm throttle body
    01 gsr cams

which is going into an ef