b16 head swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

buggaboo99355

yo, i sold my accord and got $2300 im going to try to get a 99-00 civic. The only problem is, i know i can get one for less than $5000, but i cant get the si,and i really want the DOHC motor. So, i was wondering if i can swap a DOHC si head onto the regular SOHC b16 motor.

Can someone help me out with some info like STEPS and how much it might COST, i can get the dohc head for $150 to $250. but what else would i have to do like WIRING???

Thanks People.

Well, first of all a b16 is not a SOHC. You cannot swap a B-series head onto a D-series Block or vice versa. Your best bet if you want the B-series engine is just to swap a b-series in, or buy 99-00 SI (if thats your preference). Either way, it looks like you have to save a little bit more. If you want to just a little bit more power, consider boosting the d-series.

Nah, just do some research. There is plenty of info on this site alone. You can find Integra's or a del sol vtec (The one that came with the b16) which already come with B-series engines for under 5g's. Just look around. Or, do what most of us do...get a civic for cheap & swap it. There are plenty of options out there. Welcome to honda-swap.

Quoted post[/post]]
Nah, just do some research. There is plenty of info on this site alone. You can find Integra's or a del sol vtec (The one that came with the b16) which already come with B-series engines for under 5g's. Just look around. Or, do what most of us do...get a civic for cheap & swap it. There are plenty of options out there. Welcome to honda-swap.

Thanks for the welcome. I'll do some research but i have to have a 99-00 civic with a DOHC, i love the DOHC vtecs, and i love the 99-00 civic.

If I can get a B16 motor for $XXXX would i have to get a tranny to go with it if it came from a 99-00 si?
if i can use the d series tranny from another 99-00 civic and only need the motor then how much should it cost me to swap the motor other than the price of the b16? Thanks

B series engines only work with b series transmissions. You cant mix and match different trannies. For example, a B16 could utilize a B16, a LS, a Typr R, etc... trannies because those are all from engines with B coded blocks.

cheap b series swap.buy an integra motor+hydro transmission+axles+shift linkage, ect.Try finding a b series vtec head 1.6 1.7 1.8 any then do an ls vtec.Integra motor in yunk jard where i live is $100 and tranny $100.Vtec head like $200-$500 on ebay.

Quoted post[/post]]
cheap b series swap.buy an integra motor+hydro transmission+axles+shift linkage, ect.Try finding a b series vtec head 1.6 1.7 1.8 any then do an ls vtec.Integra motor in yunk jard where i live is $100 and tranny $100.Vtec head like $200-$500 on ebay.

damn, ill just save my money and get a si, im really not into the "racing" i just want i car i wont be dissappointed in later. Thanks for all the help people.

Back