b16 help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jonvti

iv got a smashed up civic eg6 vti with the b16 engine, everthing is there to swap into another civic, its l reg. i want to buy another civic and fit the engine out of this into the other one.
can i get any hatchback civic made from 92 to 95 (1.3, 1.5, lsi, esi, dx, etc) to swap it into or do i need a vti?
will engine mounts line up etc?

im looking for the easiest swap without modifications.
any help appreciated.

i problably wouldnt get the 1.3. i dont know much about the vti setup but im putting a b16a into my eg right now. you need the stock mounts from the vti,the shift linkage and i found that i have to use the stock wiring harness from my car but mainly because the wiring was setup for a right hand drive. so you may be able to use the vti wiring harness and ecu. thats the only thing youd have to worry about.

cheers m8, iv just gone out and bought an esi 1.6 sohc vtec.
im guessing this would probably be the easiest out of them all.

has anyone swapped a b16 into their esi that could giv me some info?

iv done a search, i found the wiring loom is the same but i need to add a wire to ecu for knock sensor, does this mean i keep the same ecu in the esi or still use the 1 from the vti?
also i need to get moddified mounts for the b16 to bolt into the esi, anyone know the best place to get these mounts?
i was expecting a few replies by now, 41 views and 1 reply.
theres gotta be someone on here thats done this swap.

cheers
jon

I have a 92" esi with a 94" vti swap and it drops right in. U will need the ecu, axles, rear motor mount,shift linkage, radiator,throttle cable and fuel pump from the vti. The vti has bigger front brakes than the esi so i would change them to. My motor did not have a knock sensor so no mods there but i had to re-wire the map sensor.
Hope i am not forgetting nothing.

i knew there was someone about :)
cheers m8 cant fault u, if there is anything else u forgot just let me know.
thanx

Back