b16 in hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

allgo

i just changed my distributor on my car with a new one and now the car wont start, y??? with my old distributor, its starts up but drives like crap. can cel 20 be the cause of this?? i have not changed my spark wires yet either but i just want to know y its not starting up

make sure the rotors in the right way, make sure all plugs are in the right spots (1,2,3,4) check your underhood fuse block make sure nothings blown, make sure the bat has juce and make sure the dizzy is wired right. not sure about the cel 20

Originally posted by allgo@Dec 4 2003, 06:40 PM
i just changed my distributor on my car with a new one and now the car wont start, y??? with my old distributor, its starts up but drives like crap. can cel 20 be the cause of this?? i have not changed my spark wires yet either but i just want to know y its not starting up

If you are throwing a code 20, thats your problem. This is the Electrical Load detector. This is ussually caused by having too many splices in your harness somewheres. The only other solution i know of for this is to replace your engine bay fuseblock.

Originally posted by civicious@Dec 4 2003, 10:18 PM

hehe....hehe...you said load....

:blink:

what year motor/ecu are you using?

im using a obd1 p30 with sir2 motor. which one of the fuse do i need to replace so i can check it. thanks for reply so far

what the right firing order?? 1,3,4,2 ?just to make sure

im using a obd1 p30 with sir2 motor. which one of the fuse do i need to replace so i can check it. thanks for reply so far [/quote]
it's not a fuse, it's built in to your fusebox

Back