B16 Intake Springs on Exhaust side for Type R Camshafts??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CAFROG

Honda Minion
VIP
I know that the GSR Intake dual springs are the same part number as the exhaust dual springs on a Type R (so they can be placed on exhaust side for Type r cams) But the B16A (my motor) has pink coated springs on the intake side that are a different part number then GSR springs. but they are still dual valve springs and I am thinking they are roughly the same as GSR intake springs.

Wondering if I can get away with those springs moved to the exhaust side? Figure it would save me $100 or so.

Last edited:
you need GSR valve springs, GSR's have blue paint on em, And I do belive the GSR valvesprings are stiffer.

For the intake GSR ones? I can get type r ones for almost half that online and shipped. they are about 5 bucks a piece plus tax/shipping.

And yes they are different colors but I am not too sure on their stiffness differences just yet.

for all the ITR springs. all intake, inner and outer and all exhaust, inner and outer.

189 shipped for all the ITR Valve springs.

Okay, that makes sense. I was thinking you were talking only about GSR intake springs only! lol

My 'half that price' comment was for only half the springs you were talking about lol. I was thinking I could get a way with the B16 switch-a-roo and only buy the ITR intake springs.

lol thats funny, i figured thats why I posted my comment above yours.

Im guessing the coil bind might be lower on the b16 than the GSR also might be a stiffer inner spring.

I would say buy em new, I wouldnt want you to drop a valve or float em on the higher end.

Also a good Idea to replace the keepers.

I belive you can keep your retainers, I dont see why not.

Found some CTR cams....maybe...again lol. Called the number and lady didn't speak English so I was up the creek without a paddle. Left an enail this morning. If thiese ones are real and not GSR cams I get them....I will get some springs and retainers. (guys sell GSR cams for ITR all over craigslist)

rcams.jpg

Dont be ripped off, use that pic to identify.

I would love to stab them fuckers in the lung with a ice pick and then watch them choke on their own blood while they try to tell their lies.

Thanks bro. Actually I been studying the pics on ffsquad for some time. I have ran into 4 different guys who are selling ITR cams and I get pics only to see they're actually GSR cams (with the three rings on the outer protruding ring) They act shocked and I have even sent them the same picture you sent me along with GSR cam pics. It has pissed me off so bad I started contemplating the 98+spec swap instead. But I came to my senses....$4500+ (with all me for labor) after its in the car and ready to rip finally made me say that it was too silly. So I'm back on the craigslist hunt.

I can get the intake and exhaust camshafts from hmotorsonline for $520 plus tax/shipping so I figure I'll find some used ones for around $250-300 give or take (hopefully in my favor!) I got new Skunk2 cam gears already but waiting to get the camshafts. After that I actually have cams in hand, I'll buy the springs/keepers. So that'll be around $220-250 plus I got a guy who has 4 different base map chips for the B16A w/type r cams. ECU, tunable chip and a guarantee for $100

So I would like to keep it under $500 but I will need to be patient. My current math would be $600 plus the $150 for cam gears I already bought
.....shit its creeping up on half the cost of a 98+spec after I would sell my current swap lmao

Keep on the look out for me. I know there's more Honda action done there lol

Last edited:
Back