b16 into 02 civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nighthawkcivic

I was just wondering if anyone knows a company that makes motor mounts for the b16 to go into the 7th gen civic?

nobody....the only mounts out for the 7th gen civic are for the K series motor...Hasport makes them...and the swap gets rather pricey...

Supposedly Hasport is working on making the mounts to put a B-series into the new civics... supposedly. But just stick with a K-series. It's already been done, so it's less of a headache.

its also about $6000 for all parts and labor .... A B16a2 swap into a 7th gen civic would be about $3500 cheaper (and thats if you partially build the motor before you swap it!) . .... Dunno if its possible but I would prefer the B16 . . . . I can spend the same amount on a b16 with a turbo kit as a k20 ....

mmm well about 98% of swaps in Cali and othe states that care are illegal.

Mounts? No.

Legal? If you put a 2001 B18B/C/C5 in from an Integra, yes.

Possible? Yup. It would actually be easier to fit the B block in there instead of the K, since it spins the same direction as your D block... but the market is so small I doubt that anyone is going to make mounts for it.

Originally posted by Calesta@Aug 22 2003, 09:18 AM
Mounts? No.

Legal? If you put a 2001 B18B/C/C5 in from an Integra, yes.

Possible? Yup. It would actually be easier to fit the B block in there instead of the K, since it spins the same direction as your D block... but the market is so small I doubt that anyone is going to make mounts for it.

Hasport is making the mounts to drop a B-series into an 01 Civic.

It is impossible to put anything other than a K series into a 7th gen. None of the wiring will match; you cant even splice them together. Unless you want to seriously mess up your car, don't try it. :doh:

Uh ok... first you tell me that HASport is making mounts, but they're not. Not yet, anyway. Then you say that a C5 won't fit in a 2001? Why not? I've seen B16s in 2001 Civics, so there's no reason why the B18C5 won't fit. Go read up some.

prelude2004- if you can drop an OBD1 engine into an OBD2 car, there's no reason why you couldn't put an OBD2 engine into an OBD2b car. The wiring won't match up, but it can be adapted to work.

:p

Why put a B16 in a new SI. Granted most people like tradition, that is why they like the B series over the K series. *Bash me all you want* People don't like change. Anyway, why put a smaller engine into a newer car. First of all, you need to spend anywhere from $14,000 to $20,000 just to get a new SI, then buy the B16 and mounts and everything else you need then you need to pay to install it. You're looking a up to $30,000 for a way slower SI because it is 100lbs heavier than 99-00 SI, and you lose the much needed extra torque because of the weight. Just my two cents, even though it is only worth one.

Why put a B16 in a new SI. Granted most people like tradition, that is why they like the B series over the K series. *Bash me all you want* People don't like change. Anyway, why put a smaller engine into a newer car. First of all, you need to spend anywhere from $14,000 to $20,000 just to get a new SI, then buy the B16 and mounts and everything else you need then you need to pay to install it. You're looking a up to $30,000 for a way slower SI because it is 100lbs heavier than 99-00 SI, and you lose the much needed extra torque because of the weight. Just my two cents, even though it is only worth one.

who said we were talking about a brand new SI? i thought we were talking about either an LX or EX model of the 7th gen... :huh:

Supposedly Hasport is working on making the mounts to put a B-series into the new civics... supposedly. But just stick with a K-series. It's already been done, so it's less of a headache.

Right here, the K-series only comes in the new SI and RSX. That is why I thought they were putting it in a new SI.

Isn't the D17 from the 2001 basically the same engine as the D16? If so, wouldn't they have the same location and shape motor mounts? :idea: If so, can't you just use the same mounts for a 2000 SI? Does anyone have a picture of a 2000 civic and a 2001 civic engine bay?

I can understand why someone would want a B16 instead of the D17, and a K20 is way too much! :p

i thought HASPORT only made K series mounts for the Non-SI 7th gen civic... at least that's what i see at their site...

Page 4, close to the bottom

I know Hasport is making the mounts for a B-series swap, but it'll probably only be for a B16A2 or maybe even B18C1. I don't know exactly. What I do know is that someone already tried dropping in a B18C5 and it didn't fit..

:spin:

Back