B16 Into 90-93 Teg

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

punkposer0318

i thought about doing a ls/vtec swap but it seems like too much of a hassle so now im considering a b16... but i cant find any mount kit's for the swap but it should work right? with the b series ls tranny and the b series motor...? if anyone has any info on this please help!!

yes. of course u can do it.

whats-his-face from 16-18-22 motorsports did it, waaaaaaaay back in 99?

collin i think his name was. i was supposed to do his website, but lagged like a bitch
and he never called me back.

Originally posted by punkposer0318@Apr 25 2003, 01:15 AM
i like the sound of that.. i cant find a mount kit for it online... what all is involved in the swap?

You can't find them,because the car comes with a B series motor,so they aren't needed.If you really want to do it,drop in the B and wire up the vtec.Use a 89-91 B16A(1) SiR.

so the b16 motor is going to use the same mounts that the b18 is??? by wiring up the vtec what do you mean... please explain...

Running wires from the vtec solenoid to the ECU.

I have a b16 in my 90 teg it was so easy its almost fun. But if your looking for alot of lowend power your looking at the wrong motor, but if your like me just build for the top end and catch them in vtec.

haha exactly i use to have a b16 in my crx it was nice.... i just found this link http://www.ardperformance.com/cgi-bin/stat...ic.pl?serial=14 basically it says if i get a 90-91 all im going to need to do is get a vtec ecu? right? im purchasing the "long block" off hmotorsonline.com and it says it comes with the block head and intake manifold... will my old b18 headers, throttle body, etc. fit on the new b16 until i can replace them? or sould i just get those other parts and do it all at once. and what all other parts would i need.

thats what im planning on doing... just making sure those come with exhaust manifolds... just making sure that if i need to buy anything else then i can do so ahead of time or just use my b18 stuff... im going to need to hook up the vtec... can anyone guide me through that?

Originally posted by punkposer0318@Apr 25 2003, 03:30 AM
thats what im planning on doing... just making sure those come with exhaust manifolds...

... im going to need to hook up the vtec... can anyone guide me through that?

They sell them both ways,you need to specify.

When you get to it,it would be better,but it isn't difficult.

i have another random question.. because my new b16 is going to be jdm. am i going to have to worry about anything at all? it matching up to the stock ls tranny? any concerns?

Which year Integra are you talking about? 90-91 or 92-93 because it will make a difference in which B16 you want. Don't expect this car to be exceptionally fast. The B16 works well in a CRX because the CRX is light. That Integra weighs in around 2600 lbs without driver. The B16 doesn't produce a lot of torque and you are going to notice this.

hey punkposer0318 what are you going to do with the motor in your car now since you are going to swap it and do not need it anymore would you let it go? and are you going to get rid of the trans and ecu as well? if so let me know www.whatdahieu@yahoo.com
THANK YOU!!!!!

the swap is going to be into a 91 teg.. so im going to need the first gen b16. yes i know all fo that... im just lost on the whole wiring up the vtec everything is pretty simple it sounds like.... i would do the ls/vtec but i live in the middle of no where in texas. haha not too many import shops around west texas. so im having to do everything myself... the only concern i have on the ls/vtec is the drilling of the new dowel pin holes... and if i mess that up then basically i've fucked everything up and im not too sure about my skills so im scared to take the chance.. i would love to do the ls/vtec but thats the only draw back that i have... so im not really sure what im going to do with my ls motor.... i might keep it and eventually throw a gsr head on it when i learn more and put it in another car.. build it up a little... it just all depends on money and what not you know how it goes

Back