B16 into 90 Integ

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EFB18A1

hey guys i just wanted some info and advice on a b16 swap into a 90 integ. i was planning on getting the longblock and swapping it in. it was either that or a complete zc swap. but my question is what would i need if i swap in a b16 into the car? would all the original parts in the teg, like the dizzy, ecu and harness plug right into the b16? by the way its the 1st gen b16 not the SiR II ones. thanks for any helpful replys.

you have much to learn. First of all ditch the very thought of a ZC in an Gen. 2 Integra, the integra was graced with the B series for a reason.

To put the B16 in the integra you will need:

Engine & ECU. You will also need to modify the LS engine harness to run VTEC.

You need to freaking use the search feature on this site, and also go to reference section as well. It was made for no reason.

sorry. not use to using the search feature i thought it wouldve been better to just post a thread so it'll be easier to find and get more opinion from the specific questions i need to ask. one more thing, so there is no way that i can mod the ecu to run the b16? would the dizzy on the ls work on the b16 and it is possible to run the b16 with the ls tranny right, since it is a b-series tranny after all. i do understand that it'll probably be slower since the ls dont have a close gear ratio like the b16.

Just get the long block and the ecu, and you'll be just fine. Then you have to run 4 wires I believe for vtec and the other stuff that goes with it, which won't be very hard with the pin-outs from hybridhonda. The LS tranny will bolt right up, and it's not as bad as everyone says, you'll still have a quick car, my friend has a G2 teg with the same setup, it's pretty quick. Good luck with your stuff,

Ian

yeah, the LS tranny works. and i dont think you can use your ECU, you know, since your B18 doesnt have Vtec at all, it would be kinda hard.

but you can get a PR3 for like $100-150

thanks for the info guys. you guys were a big help. well i guess i'll try and get the b16 and the ecu. but how does the price 700 sound?

for the longblock, pretty good. good luck, if i came across as an asshole, i'm sorry.

Im running my b16 off a chipped pr4, and using a vafc for fuel and vtec control. I found it to be a much better combo then using the pr3. The pr3 likes better gas then we have, and also looks for a knock sensor, and a second 02 sensor. Just my .02

Back