b16 into 98 hx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hxblack

i am working on swaping a b16(head), b18b(block) into my 98 civic hx, i am in need of a wiring harness, someone had told me they have a 92-95 ex engine wiring harness that may work. Will it? Also they had told me they have a 90-93 integra ls wiring harness where i would have to wire up v-tec. How hard would it be to do this? Which harness would be easier to use and also i am using a p28 ecu.

If you are using the B18, I would get the Integra harness. You'll still have to modify it to run VTEC, but I'm pretty sure that's been covered here before. Just search this site for "ls/vtec"

someone had told me they have a 92-95 ex engine wiring harness that may work. Will it?
no

reuse the hx harness and run wire to the proper ecu
ie, knock sensor [which you install], vtec, etc.... search for ecu pin outs in our reference section...

if you run a chipped p28 or = you can disable knock, speed and fuel cut off.... if you dont have to pass a smog test

if i reuse the hx harness, would that work with the b16 head and would it plug into the p28 ecu? and what all modifaction would i be looking at to reuse it?

Back