B16 into Civic EK .. help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vtecjdm

Well i was thinking of upgrading from my D15B sohc vtec to B16 Dohc.
I have an EK civic.

Now .. i`m new to this swap stuff but i know somethin abou the different honda engines obds etc etc ..

My question is ... if i find a B16 altogether with wiring harness and ECU directly from a half cut car ... what do i need to keep / change from my car so that the swap is completed ? ... like tranny ? master brake cylinder ? fuse box ? etc ... mountings ??

Much work involved .. or is it just straight bolt on ?

well as far as the wiring goes you need to use your wiring harness from your car unless you get the engine from the same year car as you becasuse if you don't you will be re wiring you whole car which equals a pain in the ass and if your car has vtec already it is even easier to do. if you are getting the complete front half of the car make sure you get a 92 and up so you can get the right shift linkage and the right askes besides that all you might need are some mounts and some new axles depending on how good of a shape the ones you get come. just know if you never done it before don't think you are going to have it done in a weekend and make sure you check everything when you get the engine i got mine and i had a broken rod so when you go to buy the engine make sure you have enough for the engine and enough to get the install done so you can stay with in the warranty hope that helps you man

Wouldn`t it just be much more easier to just sawp Engine together with its Harness, and ecu stright onto the car ? and just get rid of my current ecu and harness + engine ?

Well ... right now i got an obd2 ecu but a d15b engine .. which results in crankshaft fluctuation sensor MIL. I don`t think i can get around this .. so i opted to get a B16 ..

I obviously even thought of getting an OBD 1 ecu ... can anyone help me which ecu i should get ? My car is a JDM one ... and the current ecu says P2J .. ever heared of it ?

well first things first what year is your car 96-98 or 99-00 obd2a or obd2b? then i can answer the rest of your questions

i just did this swap, and i am by no means honda swap guru... but from what i understand, you will NEED to use your wiring harness, or a wiring harness from an ex of the same year! you should not have half as many problems i did, since you have vtec already!

well wait there is a problem there is no usdm b16 that is obd2a so there goes one problem, problem two is you are going to have to use your wiring harness that is on your engine right now the other thing is you are going to have to buy a obd covertor they are like 90 bucks and so on. the only option you have if you want to just take out the engine and put it in is getting an obd2a integra engine since the wiring is just like our car but if you want a b16 you are going to have to get a 92-95 b16 front clip.

Back