1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b16 into gsr

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by allgo, Jan 14, 2004.

1. allgo

allgo Senior Member

i have a b16 motor in the car. im getting a gsr short block. what will i need to change to make the car run normal when swapping out the b16 short block for the gsr??( will i need to change: map, ecu, pumps, seals, ect.) all i am doing is swapping the blocks and need info. it will be gsr block with b16 head. basically, what can i keep from my b16 when doing this?

thanks in advance

2. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

Just swapping the block won't change anything except maybe your header may fit tighter along the oil pan.

3. allgo

allgo Senior Member

im running a usdm p30, dont i need to change to a p72 or chipped??? and map, would the b16 map be right or would i need to get another one(1.6 to 1.8)????
    and so on>..............

4. GSRCRXsi

GSRCRXsi Super Moderator Moderator VIP

if you arent changin the head, you wont need to change any of that stuff.

heres stuff you WILL need to change:

-if you are using a header designed for the b16, you will need a new header, one designed for the gsr or itr, i would get one designed for the ITR since you are moslikely puttong it into a civic, the GSR one is too short.
    -if the short block doesnt come with a oil pan and everything inside (oil pickup, windage tray, etc) you will need that too. the b16 stuff is incompatible with the gsr stuff as far as the oil pan, oil pickup, and windage tray is concerned.

youll need a new head gasket too :)

5. sleepercivic

sleepercivic Senior Member

ALso timing belt is probably different, do to the difference in deck heights between the 2 blocks

let us know how it goes when you finish, I am very interested in doing this to my B16

also I have heard that if you have a 4-2-1 header it will fit the gsr block, but it will be a tight fit

good luck

6. allgo

allgo Senior Member

would a gsr timing be right???? this swap will take a while to do but ill repost a new post when its done for you guys.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted