B16 Manual Into A 00 Ex Auto

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

chele_bell_21

I blew out the bottom end in my sotck motor and I am gonna do a b16 swap, but my car is auto and I was wondering how much of a pain it will be to swap. I have everything for it, the pedal cluster, the master cylinder, axles, and hardlines and crap.

make sue you have the right starter and bolts for the motor mounts because the mounts on a auto aren't as thick as the manual ones. bt that was only for the front mount. everything else was very easy. was only a weekend job so it's not that hard. don't replace the whole pedal assembly just the pedals, it's alot easier that way. you can even keep the auto gas pedal if you want to.
good luck.

my car use to auto- i had a ls motor in there at first, they had to change brake pedal and also intsalled a clutch pedal, due to the fact that my car is a 92 i had to run cable tranny. better and cheaper, they did my swap very cheap- $2,000 everything installed including jdm b16a motor,tranny,ecu,and everything else. but i sold my motor and got a gsr and still used my same tranny. there hasn't been any problems with it. so think which would be cheaper and better for ur money.

usually a auto to manual swap is easier than it is thought. the real only problem is that the auto shifter has a plastic slider to engage the reverse lights. so unless you find the wires to hook up to the lights (not too hard to do) you wont have any reverse lights. just paste a grip of silicon on that white plastic slider so it doesnt move. drill holes to mount the shifter assembly. ect. its more simple than people realize. otherwise if you want to take it to a shop i would guess labor would be around 1000 give or take a few.

I'm gonna do it in two to three weeks and have not bought most of the little stuff yet,it seems pretty easy just make sure you have ALL the info you can get beforehand,I have a thread on it that got some good info somewhere here,and if you decide not to do it I'll buy some of the parts if you want.I'd say do it,pride is a beautiful thing and at least you'll learn from it.

Back