b16 motor mounts

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gooose45

im about to swap in my b16 from a 99si into my 96 ex, now i heard that i need to upgrade my motor mounts if so in stead of wasting $350-400 aftermarket mounts cant i just put in some stock mounts from the 99 si and still get good results???? <_<

you can use your stock mount on the driver side because they are the same but the rear,tranny, and the front two from the 99 si but you are going to need the brackets

Originally posted by civiclxb16@Apr 3 2005, 09:43 PM
you can use your stock mount on the driver side because they are the same but the rear,tranny, and the front two from the 99 si but you are going to need the brackets
[post=482361]Quoted post[/post]​

are you sayng that i could use the stock mounts from the d16?

the only mount you can use is the driver side one, the rest you are going to have to use the b series ones, the passenger side, now the mounts for the ac and for the front tranny you can use but the brackets have to be from the si motor

[/quo
how many mounts will it take all together, 5? so i need four more and youre saying that I can use the si rear, tranny, and the front two but i need brackets, can i just get those(brackets) @ autozone or quest? and is this setup reliable or should I just cough up the money for some hansports. thanks for the info, my first swap can you tell?lol :huh:

[/quo
how many mounts will it take all together, 5? so i need four more and youre saying that I can use the si rear, tranny, and the front two but i need brackets, can i just get those(brackets) @ autozone or quest? and is this setup reliable or should I just cough up the money for some hansports. thanks for the info, my first swap can you tell?lol :huh:
[post=487752]Quoted post[/post]​
[/quotHELP :worthy:

one driver side mount with bracket one rear mount with bracket one tranny with bracket one front tranny with bracket and one ac on the ac bracket!!! hope that helps

Its the brackets your going to need. but if you got the complete swap then it should already have them. on the mounts you can use your stock ones or upgrade to the civic si becuse your car is the same as the civic si. alright 96 civic ex same as the 99 civic si. the EX,LX,HX,DX are the same mounts as the 99 civic si. the only diffrence between the the regular civics compared to the civic si is that it has this b16a2 that your talking about the only thing they changed was the brackets not the mounts. the ones they changed is the rear trans wich is L shaped and the other is the timing belt one got two studs sticking out of it and bolts to the block. In my oppion i would go ahead and buy the proformance ones will save you headache in the long run will be less likely to break and you wont have to change them out. See a little buck hear and a lot less problems later on its up to you.

hope this helps out

ya boy steveo

thanks guys , i guess ill go with the aftermarket mounts any suggestions?

Originally posted by gooose45@Apr 25 2005, 03:33 AM
thanks guys , i guess ill go with the aftermarket mounts any suggestions?
[post=491077]Quoted post[/post]​

my boy has hasport mounts in his 93 civic and i have avid mounts in my 97 civic

Back