B16 Not Idling right

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

RIT Civic

Ok I have a b16 in my 94 ex civic that when i start it it sounds like its stalling and won't rev up any higher...i checked my ignition wires and spark plugs...i have an ls distributor on it for now until i can get a vtec obd1...the car was running fine before. the wires are also setup right...when i try to give it some gas it chokes more and it feels like its going to die out...do you guys think it could be the cap and rotor?...let me know what ya think

I have the same problem with my lsvtec. I put a 99 si head on my 94 ls block and the distributor doesnt fit right so i cut of the bottom leg and it chokes when i give it gas. I changed the rotor and the cap but no diffrence. I read somewere on the site that you could use the old b18b distributor on this setup but im not so sure now.... I even cut it in other parts so i could turn it more and now it idles alitle funny but it runs. I think we just need new distributors.

hmmm...i see..well your if you give it gas it run right?....mine won't run at all...its just stays there bubbling and trying to idle...sometimes it goes away like nothing every happened but as soon as i drive it and rev like past 3-4k rpm it comes back and if i am just standing at a red light it will happen again then i have to puch the damn thing to the side of the road and call a friend to push the car for me...i would hate to spend a lot of money on a distributor and that not be the problem...if anyone has a 94-95 obd1 gsr distributor for cheap hit me up pleaseeeee...this thing is annoying...

Back