b16 obd-1 wont start

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b16lsd

i have a 95 dx with b16 obd1.everything is not connected. just basic ecu, spark, fuel, timing. i have spryed starter fluid in it and it starts then it sputters out. the car has sat for about a year and a half. when it starts after i spray in the starter fluid it will start to die then i spray some more in it then it keeps going then bang!! fire out of the intake manifold.

Last edited:
i just did comperssion just now. everything hitting about 220. i disconected the fuel line from the rail and fuel spilled everywhere. i checked each spark plug wire and there was spark. i have new wires and plugs. but i did take the plugs out and they smelt like burnt plastic. wasnt wet with any fuel at all. timing is good. oh ya p30 ecu. wats not connected? radiator stuff, some wires that i dont know where they go. but all the starter , alternator and front engine ground wires is connected. but ur basic fuel , timing, and spark are all there.

Last edited:
some of those wires that you dont have connected probly need to be connected. and if it starts when you spray the fluid in it then maybe your injectors are clogged and just not firing correctly. also could your distributer be off by 180degrees? bc if its backfiring like that then that usually means your timings off.

what do u mean 180 degrees? does that me the part connected to the camshaft needs to be turned? cause the distributor is on right. how do i unclog the injectors? can i use something called bareamens? oh i just read another post that the guy was getting spark but not enough. my spark was an orange color and not a strong blue like i have seen before.

what i mean by 180 is that when your dizzys supposed to be hitting on the 1st cylinder its hitting on the 4th. try taking it and spinning it around 180degrees and see if it changes anything, if not then just put it back to how it was. that was me that just put a new one on mine and solved my prob. you could try that but the problem is that if it doesnt fix it then you cant get a refund for a part that you didnt need. no parts stores carried the td22u thats needed for the obd0 b16 but i dunno if the obd1 is different. if you have a friend that has one you could try?

cool rhanks i will try that. and i got my distributor from orileys obd1. i thing the gsr is the same.

ok i with out help and first time ever doing it changed the timing because the teeth did jump 2 noches from tdc. so i was proud but scared to start it. lol. so i had my girl start it while i ajusted the distributor. then spryed some starter fluid then it started and now it starts fine but, when u give it gas it trys to die the it kicks in. so i guess it sputters. but it sounds so sweet omg dude its been a 2 years and now i heard it for the first time. and my check engine light stays on.

maybe a dumb question but how do i do that? i dont have all the vacume lines hooked up or all wires including o2 sensors. and i am obd-1

if everything is not hooked up yet it will run like crap and throw codes.. . hook up all the sensors, grounds, vacuum lines.. etc.. .. if it doesnt start then, come back and see us

Back