b16 or b18 gsr

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SiKoNe

ok, which motor in this case would be best, i know that the b18 gsr is an acura motor but which cars did the b16 come out of. Again i have a 97 honda civic and am trying to figure out a good swap for speed and somthing that can handle some boost. if you would like to see a picture of what i have so far let me know and i'll email you one cause i dont know how to post the pic in this forum yet. if some one tells me then i will for all to see. thanks :)

#1 read the faq section and you will know how to post pictures
#2 there are many threads on this topic... do a search
#3 when you ask what cars the b16 came out of... that depends on if you want jdm or usdm... so specify what you are looking for...
oh and in my opinion just get the gsr

The GSR wins, unless you can find an ITR for the same price, B16A's are nice, and lots of fun, but the extra power the GSR has is nice, and worth the extra grand, as you will spend that much on making a B16 feel about the same if not less powerful.

the extra tq from the GSr is well worth the cash, if you can get an ITR tranny to mate to the GSR longblock

Back