b16 power #'s

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

twisted civic

I dyno'd my car a few months ago, along with a couple friends who have engine swaps as well.
My stock (with just a modified short intake) usdm (160 hp) b16a2 made 144.9 and 105 tq. I was with a guy that had a jdm b16 (168 hp) with CAI, exhaust, Intake manifold, and various other mods - his made 147.3 and 98 tq.
and another guy who had a swapped a jdm b18c (180 hp)- it made 138 and 104 tq.

question is - did I just get a freak motor that runs really strong or are their engines weak? My engine's been in for 5 months now, I solo raced it all summer, and I've had no problems with it.
I've been told a stock usdm b16 should do mid 130 hp range.

Just wondering, I'm not complaining, what kinda numbers are you guys seeing with b16's?

a gsr putting 138 down is pathetic. i've seen bone stock jdm gsrs dyno 165-170 whp.

your motor is about averaeg.

the other 2, have problems, shitty parts, or a clutch that sucks and is slipping

seems like you got a strong motor and your friends and people there had beaten their engines to hell or have really weak motors, especially the GSR.

Yeah, I was surprised at the gsr putting down such low #'s, it almost sounded like vtec wasn't engagin (compated to the wail of the b16's), but he said it was workin fine.

Back