B16 Reverse Problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

maybe so, but rarely did I ever grind going into reverse. I may have done it a couple times by not stopping all the way, but never forced it in there, or did it so often to the point where it was "abused." either way it has to be fixed regardless of how it was messed up..as far as the lsd goes, i doubt i'll get that in. I really don't have a need for it, not with the price it would cost...but good information though...maybe one day..much more important things to invest money in in the future..thanks for everyone's help!

My roommate puts it in drive while still rolling backwards (its an auto.) I told him how bad it is for the tranny a couple times. But like all things he knows best. I can't wait til it Fs up. When I tried to teach him how to drive a stick I told him how short first gear was on the Si tranny. He still dropped it in first while slowing for a red light. He's never driven it since.

yeah, I''ll keep it in second at lowest slowing down, never first. I am about to post an issue I am having with my brakes, if ya have some insight feel free to flip over to the post, i would appreciate any help!

Find the reverse out of another motor (how many reverse gears go bad before 2nd and 3rd? This is weird to me....haven't run into a reverse problem in Hondas. And since there are quite a few possibilities on finding one (even some 'bad' transmissions)......you can get one cheap but you need to take both transmissions apart. If you feel wrench savvy and get a hold of a Helm's for a B series trans (I think the mechanics of a GSR and other B-series would be the same) You can replace the reverse gear (If and Only If thats the only real problem)

another motor...duh...another transmission...sorry

I to had a problem with a ys1 5 speed cable trans reverse. I bought the trans and installed a LSD(everthing looked fine when i put everything back). I then installed and all worked fine until one night(acouple months after i installed the trans) it just wouldn't go into reverse. So i just started to park my car where reverse wasn't needed plus it was a hatch and i could push around.

Then i rolled the car and the trans has bin sitting for 2 years and i haven't gottin to it to tear apart to look at the reverse gear.

Back