B16 SIR-2 Torque

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SiR2Coupe

ok i have a b16a2 in my car but i just needed some info on how to upgrade the torque on my car its in a 93 civic coupe. i have a catback exhaust 4 to 1 jdm mugen headers aem cold air intake walpro fuel pump skunk 2 short shifter. and i just wanted to kno what i can do to upgrade my torque i plan on gettin a test pipe NO MORE EMISSIONS YES!!!!!!!!! and some 16" rims on the car but can anybody tell me about building more torque??????? i was thinkin bout upgrading cams to a skunk 2 or crower stage 2 cams but i dont kno yet any suggestions :shrug2: ??? ohhh yea im planning on going turbo but not right now maybe towards the end of this year or beginning of this year...

ok i have a b16a2 in my car but i just needed some info on how to upgrade the torque on my car its in a 93 civic coupe. i have a catback exhaust 4 to 1 jdm mugen headers aem cold air intake walpro fuel pump skunk 2 short shifter. and i just wanted to kno what i can do to upgrade my torque i plan on gettin a test pipe NO MORE EMISSIONS YES!!!!!!!!! and some 16" rims on the car but can anybody tell me about building more torque??????? i was thinkin bout upgrading cams to a skunk 2 or crower stage 2 cams but i dont kno yet any suggestions :shrug2: ??? ohhh yea im planning on going turbo but not right now maybe towards the end of this year or beginning of this year...

If you are planning on going turbo dont buy the stage 2 cams, they are more of an all motor cam is most cases. Save your money for some boost. You will get more horsepower and torque then anything you could add to your current setup. Just make sure you dont run more then 7-8 psi and that you have proper injectors and tunning. I would recommend 440cc RC injectors and tunning with a obd1 p28 using CROME Pro. That would be a reliable setup that would make great power. Good luck.

Ya that's an oxymoron. b16 torque its like saying hey, look at that skinny fat chick.

Anyway ya the only way to get more torque is using a large displacement engine. Unless you plan on turboing it which won't help you off boost but when its in boost hold on. If you are planning to boost you can run whatever psi you want as long as you stay under around 260whp on a stock b16. You don't need RC injectors if you want to save some money you can use DSM injectors or rx-7 460cc injectors with an resistor box out of a 89-91 civic. They work just fine and will cost you about 400 bucks less. For fuel management yes crome is a good one but pay the extra and get crome pro. It has more plugins and has more tuning features.

If you want to go the turbo route make sure you look into it carefully and get it tuned by someone who knows what they are doing because turboed engines are very touchy and if the wind blows the wrong way they detonate and kabloowey. The NA route is more expensive to get a tonne of power out of but is more reliable and harder to make detonate. They will also take more abuse. It all depends what your hp goals are. 200whp with ls/vtec is very achievable.

iight stop with the ls/vtec im not doing dat but i do plan on buying a turbo kit from full-race.com..... expensive but i bet i get the bang for the buck and i was thinkin bout runnin a s300 hondata but yeah.......i was hoping but havin 300+ whp and have atleast more than 180tq..... can i achieve this with a stage 2 or 3 turbo kit from full-race?????? and some turbo cams???????????

YEah boooi!

No worryz Bra, I be catchun whatcha layun dooooun!

But that won't help your off boost torque. Unless your at 4500 rpm in boost you won't be doing much better than you are now. Hope your planning on a complete engine build for 300whp and 180wtq.

Back