B16 SiR II into a 1993 Civic cx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JFmoneymaker

Ok I am New to tuning with hondas. (Mazda fan)

I have a shell and am probably going to drop a B16 SiR II rebuilt stock engine and tranny into it. My question is, Is 1325 shipped, a good price for the engine and tranny with about 92000 on the motor and 115 on the tranny.

Also if i just want something quick thats fun to drive, other than I/H/E what else should i buy(i want to spend about 3500 for right now)?

sounds like a plan. I would do a little to the suspension of the car with some of that leftover money. If you are used to Mazda and their well handling cars then the stock Honda stuff is going to disapoint you. Plus a good handling car is always fun! good luck

yeah but i also went to hmotorsports.com(there are like fifty people saying how good they are and for 2250 i can get the complete swap. sounds good. would you recomend i replace the wires and plugs and all the belts before puting it in? also for N/A setup what header and exhaust brand/ setup should i go with? I dont plan on draging this car or anything, i just want a fun car that can be a driven every day if i choose to.

I would go ahead and replace the timing belt and any other maintenance that would be easier to do with the engine out. Better safe than sorry right? There are so many great brands out there it would just have to depend on your budget and researching which ones help out the most.

If you can get a motor and trans that is in good shape for 1350 I would take that.

What comes with the engine. Alternator, distributor, intake manifold with sensors, exhaust manifold?
If the engine is complete with all that stuff all you need to buy is the rear mount T bracket, shift linkeages, axles and a chipped ecu or P30.

In the end its your decision though, go with what you think is the right one.

Back