b16 SiRII swap problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

95 SiRII

Ok, small history. A few years ago I paid what I thought was a reputable shop to install my SiRII B16 into my 95 coupe. I didn't know much of anything back then and when they said that my car didn't come with a sensor and they cut the plug off I didn't know what mess I'd be in today. I now longer live in the city, or state for that matter, where this shop is.

I'm just now getting back into this project/dream of mine because I just got divorced and am finding that I now have money to play with. I don't have a MAP sensor plug. I have the sensor and just need to know how to wire it up. I'm no wiring genius, but I can't find where they cut it from the main wiring harness.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Which harness did they use the B16's or your cars?

The wires for the MAP sensor should be in a cluster of three, just under the intake tube, on the passenger side of the intake manifold. There's three wires for MAP, white, green/white, yellow/red, and they probably taped them into the harness.

I'm presuming your coupe came with a D15B7. On the D15B7 the MAP sensor is mounted on the firewall and on the VTEC it is mounted on the throttle body. Coupe harness is almost identical to the SiR except for VTEC oil pressure switch (goes to pin D6 on the ECU), Spool solenoid valve (pin A4) and knock sensor (not sure about this 1). Dunno how these guys expected your car to run without a MAP sensor (every fuel injection Honda has 1............... and needs 1). On the D15B7, the 3 wires for the MAP sensor are as follows - Green and blue goes to pin D21, white goes to D17, and yellow and green all the way to D19. On all other engines the green and blue is actually green and white from the MAP sensor til the shock tower connection and then is green and blue after that til the ECU (a little confusing but bear with me), the white is always white and the yellow and green is actually yellow and red between the MAP sensor and the shock tower and yellow and green after that. Hope this helps a bit..............................

Back