B16 springs and retainers in an LS

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jordan

i just picked up a bunch of b16 parts from a friend and i was wondering if the springs and retainers will work in the ls head?

Originally posted by jordan@Aug 8 2004, 07:14 PM
i just picked up a bunch of b16 parts from a friend and i was wondering if the springs and retainers will work in the ls head?
[post=374140]Quoted post[/post]​

yes they will. the springs are good if you are going to rev a little more, but the retainers I believe are the same for all the b-series motors, but I'm not sure. The b16 and ls retainers look the same to me. not sure if there is a seat height difference or not.

No they won't... I tried... The springs will fit in some heads but not in others (depending on how they bored the spring walls, I have one 95 head that they wouldn't fit in, rubbed on the wall, and one 98 head that they would). The other problem is the retainers, you can't use the stock ls retainers due to the fact that there is no step for the inner spring and your stock ls keepers wont fit in the b16 retainers.

edit: Oh yeah, and don't use the b16 inners with the stock ls outers, they will bind (found that out the hard way, put in the cam, turned it over, springs went down but not back up)

won't fit. i tried putting itr retainers on my ls head i had... no go.

My bad, I guess I was looking at the wrong valves springs. Being the skeptic I am, I am going to try anyway, :lol:

Originally posted by MikeBergy@Aug 9 2004, 11:11 PM
My bad, I guess I was looking at the wrong valves springs. Being the skeptic I am, I am going to try anyway, :lol:
[post=374654]Quoted post[/post]​

tell you what i will sell you the ones i have so you can try it out.

Back