B16 standalone harness

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

autox19

ok, so after months of trying, I think I got the standalone wiring wrong. Can anyone tell me what are the minimal wires (pinout to sensor) that I need to run a OBD1 engine? I have been looking for a clean schematic and havent found one yet. after basterdizing the harness I am ready to rewire it myself. Wire it from ECU pin to the sensor/dizzy/enjector with clean new wires. This is not going into a Honda so I think I screwed up when I tried to separate the honda dash stuff from the ECU needed stuff. I can buy a standalone from rywire, but I am not a fan of the $600. to reiterate my ADHD thoughts: Wanting to make my own standalone harness. ECU to Engine. I dont need charging circuit, wipers, AC etc.. Can I just look at a pinout diagram and go straight from there to the sensors? Are there any good Schematics online? thanks for putting up with my stupid questions. Odie Fiat X19 w/ B16

Best schematics are the wiring diagrams from the Helms manuals...which you should be able to download pretty easily in PDF format. Are you running a stock Honda ECU?

doing searches right now. I am running a chipped OBD1. Thought about megasquirt, but the ecu came with the honda donor.

odie

ok, getting closer. Trying to track down if I need PIN A16. it goes to the voltage regulator. I have not determined if I am using the Honda ALT or not. Odie

a few other questions.. OBD1 D4. what do I do with this? OBD1 D12 is the other one I dont know what to do with. From a bunch of other posts, I am getting quite the chart ready to build the stand alone harness. Odie

getting more fun!!!! the engine ran when I ripped it out of the honda. I accidentally broke the knock sensor. no biggy I just left the broken part plugged in the harness. Well tracing it back, it goes to D10 (ELD) how the heck did this thing run before?

Back