1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B16 standalone harness

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by autox19, Nov 18, 2011.

1. autox19

autox19 Member

ok, so after months of trying, I think I got the standalone wiring wrong. Can anyone tell me what are the minimal wires (pinout to sensor) that I need to run a OBD1 engine? I have been looking for a clean schematic and havent found one yet. after basterdizing the harness I am ready to rewire it myself. Wire it from ECU pin to the sensor/dizzy/enjector with clean new wires. This is not going into a Honda so I think I screwed up when I tried to separate the honda dash stuff from the ECU needed stuff. I can buy a standalone from rywire, but I am not a fan of the $600. to reiterate my ADHD thoughts: Wanting to make my own standalone harness. ECU to Engine. I dont need charging circuit, wipers, AC etc.. Can I just look at a pinout diagram and go straight from there to the sensors? Are there any good Schematics online? thanks for putting up with my stupid questions. Odie Fiat X19 w/ B16

2. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

Best schematics are the wiring diagrams from the Helms manuals...which you should be able to download pretty easily in PDF format. Are you running a stock Honda ECU?

3. autox19

autox19 Member

doing searches right now. I am running a chipped OBD1. Thought about megasquirt, but the ecu came with the honda donor.

odie

4. autox19

autox19 Member

ok, getting closer. Trying to track down if I need PIN A16. it goes to the voltage regulator. I have not determined if I am using the Honda ALT or not. Odie

5. autox19

autox19 Member

a few other questions.. OBD1 D4. what do I do with this? OBD1 D12 is the other one I dont know what to do with. From a bunch of other posts, I am getting quite the chart ready to build the stand alone harness. Odie

6. autox19

autox19 Member

getting more fun!!!! the engine ran when I ripped it out of the honda. I accidentally broke the knock sensor. no biggy I just left the broken part plugged in the harness. Well tracing it back, it goes to D10 (ELD) how the heck did this thing run before?

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted