B16 swap in 90 hatchback

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hemiracin03

I am swap a B16 into my 90 hatckback. The motor is an obd1 motor out of a 95 delslow. I bought the car without an interior wiring harness. What harness do I need to make the swap go well. I have bought 2 harnesses and neither one has worked. Will one out a 90 hatch work.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
the one in a 94-95 Del Sol VTEC will work best.
Will that work in a 90 model car
:no:
Use your stock engine harness, add plugs/wires where the stock one's are lacking. From another harness.
I dont have the stock one. The car already hade the dash ripped out and the harness mia. I need the harness that runs under the dash to the ecu and everything else. I have the engine harness.

You can do what I did(I have a D15B VTEC with OBD1 D16Z6 engine harness, the main harness was from a 93 Civic EX); buy/use a OBDI interior harness; cut off the interior parts(keep the engine connectors), wire the interior wires accordingly by simply using a OBD0-OBD1 conversion chart...there's only like 10 wires. Remove the OBDO engine connectors out of the car, route the OBD1 engine part of the connectors through the firewall and into the engine bay.

This is pretty much the hard way to do it, it's pretty time consuming because all the damn tape and stuff on there. Ill try to get a pic of mine(it's currently out of the car).

edit: also make sure you have the engine bay harness; its the one the sends power to the fuel injectors. I did'nt have this and didnt want to spend any money on one so I just did some ghetto wiring.

gallery_7527_277_12077.jpg

Very bad pic, I know. My sister has the digi cam and she's out of town so I had to use some cheap $10 digi cam with no flash.

Conversion chart: http://www.pgmfi.org/twiki/bin/view/Library/KurtsOBD0-OBD1

Quoted post[/post]]
All I need to know is what interior wiring harness do I need to make my B16 work in my car. I can find one if I knew ehat I was looking for.Sure would appeciate.

Any OBDI car will work; 92-95 civics. If its a 92, it should have the VTEC wire(all other years 93-95 except the EX and Si trims don't have the VTEC wire and it will have to be added).

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
All I need to know is what interior wiring harness do I need to make my B16 work in my car. I can find one if I knew ehat I was looking for.Sure would appeciate.

Any OBDI car will work; 92-95 civics. If its a 92, it should have the VTEC wire(all other years 93-95 except the EX and Si trims don't have the VTEC wire and it will have to be added).
Will a 92-95 harness work in a 90 model car.

I don't know if itll work, but I just cut and modified mine because the Civic harness had stuff I didnt need(like SRS, ABS, power windows stuff, etc.).

If you want to use the 92-95 Main harness straight up, it might be possible but the connectors may be different. You just need time on your hands to rewire/label everything.

Back