B16 swap into HX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

HonCiv99

EK Swappa
Ok so I know this tread has been done over and over, however I have not found much on swaping a b16 into an HX. So I plan on ordering a b16 from hmotorsonline and it says its a complete swap but is there anything else I need to make the swap work? i.e. diff wiring harness(OBD), mounts, axles, etc. and is this a difficult swap to do??

Thanks!

try the search button, its a easy swap

so Iv'e been pursuaded to get the b18c (gsr) instead... I would assume its pretty much the same?

yup b series is a b series, but stay away from the prelude b series and the old school accord b series

cool cool...k so Iv'e also decided not to get the complete swap due to the risk of used parts that the complete swap comes with breaking, and just get the engine, tranny, ecu swap and just buy the rest of the parts separate. So heres what Iv'e found so far: Engine mounts- eBay Motors: Avid Motor Mounts 96-00 Civic EK B16 B17 B18 B18c1 B16a (item 300254262977 end time Sep-05-08 07:03:22 PDT)
Axels- eBay Motors: 96 - 2000 civic DOHC B16 B18 B20 1PAIRS NEW CV AXLES SI (item 250288535836 end time Sep-05-08 10:15:56 PDT)
Conver Harness- eBay Motors: SVE OBD2B to OBD2A Conversion Harness ** - OBD 2 B A * (item 330259584561 end time Oct-04-08 21:00:37 PDT)
Shift Linkage- Hasport Billet Mounts
Thats pretty much everything I need right?

Do you know the condition of the motor that you are getting? A timing belt, water pump, and oil pump would be a smart move while your are at it. Obviously, the gaskets as well. Better safe than sorry.

Well its from hmotorsonline so they say the motors have like 30k on them and Iv'e never heard anything bad from them. As far as the timing belt, water pump & oil pump I was going to get those but the guy thats installing the motor for me said because these motors dont have over 40k its no big deal to not replace those parts. Also he said it would cost me more for install and I'm kinda tight on money. But I guess it would prob be worth the extra $$ to get something like this?: eBay Motors: B18C INTEGRA TYPE R TIMING BELT WATER PUMP KIT VTEC GSR (item 380062005419 end time Sep-13-08 15:15:35 PDT)
Save me the money in the future if sht starts breakin

Back