1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B16 swap ?? - Ping norcalgsr

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by SolDriver, Nov 18, 2007.

1. SolDriver

SolDriver New Member

Looking at putting a B16a (SiR II) in my 95 del sol. Stock it comes with 170 hp, 113 tq. (And yes, I know that's at the crank...)

If I wanted to stay NA, is it easy to get it to ~ 200 whp with a mild build and a good tune? I was thinking of cams and gears/flywheel. Or would I have to go with different pistons/rods/crank, etc?

Anyone have dyno's on a stock B16a with i/h/e, and a good tune? Or what I can expect from that?

John

2. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

Yeah I seriously doubt you're gonna hit 200 wheel horse on an N/A B16 without cracking open the motor.

3. norcalgsr

norcalgsr Honda Master Technician

That's pretty much what I would have said... N/A you really have to run huge cams, high compression and a custom Hytech header or something of that nature to get anywhere near that goal with a good amount of tuning. Bolt ons are not going to get anywhere close unfortunately.

4. dtob

dtob New Member

ya man 200whp is asking a lot from a b16 without opening it up. You'd need to run high compression, high lift cams, port and polish, good headder, awesome tune, etc etc.

If you want that kind of power you might want to consider a turbo. It will be much easier/cheaper to get to that power level boosted than na with your b16.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted