B16 to STD help needed

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ef_hatch

i need some help with the wiring.
if any of you have suggestions or shematics for me to follow that would be appreciated. I have searched and the information i am looking for is not in the search.
my dizzy has more pins in it than my old one on the d15 does. whats the deal?

can you guys help me out?

thanks alot :worthy:
-Matt

The B16a has 2 additional wires in the dizzy.
A green/white one and a green/yellow one.
They are Cylinder position sensors.
Both neccessary for mpfi.
From a Dx harness you will end up with 2 unused
wires, and you will have to add 9 wires.
You will have to switch at least 2 wires on the ecu.

Add
1. Knock sensor
2. Injector #2
3. Injector #4
4. 2nd o2 sensor(shielded)
5. Cyl. sensor (dist)
6. Cyl. sensor (dist)
7. Vtec solenoid
8. Vtec pressure sensor
9. Vtec pressure to ground

swap your TPS wires
add a resistor box
extend your temp sensor wire to reach other side of motor.
If this hasn't confused you, try these links.

http://www.deepstaged.net/dxtosir.htm
http://www.4thgenerationcivic.com/how-to&#..._conversion.htm

Unless you are willing to sit down and spend some time learning
what wires are what and why, you would be better off buying a
conversion harness.
It really is alot of fun to build your own harness.
If you got questions after you read for the next couple days, I'll
try and help.
See photo album #950 for finished example of Sir wiring.

Ralph

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:
is that it for the wiring? because it looks much more difficult thna that sounds.
i will try and start that tonight.

what car do i get an injector resistor off of? i can't find any mpfi civic/crx's here but there is alot of the integras with the d16a1(zc replica) and alot of b20a5 preludes.
thank you very much. this is my first swap and im doing it all myself

-Matt

oh ok... i have OBD1 ecu damn... i need to contact my importer...

ok. i have wired most of it up now there is something i am stuck on.
there is some sort of electrical sensor on the back of my transmission and it looks to be in the same spot as my speedo cable was on my d15
whatisthis.jpg

that is a pic of the back of my trans and thats the sensor i can't figure

ok, so i dont think my car had that before(88 std 4 speed) and where does my speedo cable plug into? pictures are key if yu can find them
-Matt

ok i think but im not sure that you can remove the vss and put the sendending unit in that plugs into your spedo cable. also you havea hydo trans in a cable car so you will have to get a cable to hydro kit or convert to a hydro clutch hope i have helped.

Save yourself the trouble and gte a cable transmission from a 90-93 Integra. Or any B16 (88-91 S1, J1, Y1 or JDM YS1 <--- Has LSD)

that is a cable tranny, i know it looks hydrolic from the OBD 1 plug, but some B-series cable trannys come like that, theres a 10 mil bolt holding that in, just swap it out with the one from your old 4 speed tranny, then you can plug in your speedo cable.

ok... cool i will get right on that. i was going to say yeah it is cable i meade sure of that when the boys dropped it off at my house.
when i get home i will swap the speedo sendor or whatever it is lol

thanks again
-Matt

well thanks guys for all your help
my engine is now running i just have to find out something for a shift linkage... the local shop wants $400 for a hasport shift linkage...(cdn) so once i fig that out i will be running

thanks for the wiring help, i had every wire right

-Matt

hmmm... i could....
what would happen if i cut off the stabilizer and bolted it to the body of the car? i was told it was ok because i have enjo(racing) mounts and it wouldn't change gear when i accelerate because the mounts were too stiff and the engine wouldn't move enuf to shift...

i think the stabilzer movs the whole thing so it doesn't shift when the engine moves... if i have the right idea good... will it work of should i do something else?

-Matt

Originally posted by ef_hatch@Apr 11 2004, 06:20 AM
i was told it was ok because i have enjo(racing) mounts and it wouldn't change gear when i accelerate because the mounts were too stiff and the engine wouldn't move enuf to shift...

who in the hell told you that, in my friends' race car they use customed fabricated full metal mounts, the stiffness is not keeping your tranny from shifting gears

Back