1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B16 Turbo HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by chad122, Dec 16, 2009.

1. chad122

chad122 New Member

internally stock obd1 b16a
    Skunk2 intake mani w/ hondata gasket
    New 525cc precision injectors
    New Walbro 225 fuel pump
    BDL fuel rail
    New Ebay turbo kit
    New Tial 38m wastegate w/ custom dump tube
    New NGK plug wires & NGK copper plugs
    New headgasket
    New valve cover gasket & grommets
    New ARP headstuds
    New timing belt, water pump, ect....
    Tuned on hondata s300. Tuned at autolab. Currently running on the wastegate spring(5psi).

Now for the problem: Everything was done right. I took the car to Autolab to have it tuned. When I picked the car up Billy said that it smokes a little bit of white smoke but its the cromets for the plugs in the valve cover. I replaced them the next day.

The car idles around 1500 once warmed up. Its turned all the way down on the tb and on the s300. Billy checked for vacuum leaks and couldnt find any leaks. Its been a huge mystery since the install.

Over the past few weeks the smoke went away, sorta. I noticed that it only smoked once i got into boost. Its never been hot since the fresh headgasket and turbo install. The smoke is white and the oil is dripping out the exhaust. I thought it was the valve seals or piston rings but i'm starting to think its the turbo seals.

I took the express way home from work. The car died at the stop light after the exit. I started it back up and continued to for a few minutes. I watched the temp.....It was perfect. I glanced down at the oil pressure and it was around 20psi.

It usually sits around 40psi at 1500 rpms. I pulled over and popped the hood. There was oil everywhere on the right side of the motor. I checked everything & couldnt find where it was coming from.

I put oil in it and started it. No leaks. I have to start it, give it a little gas to get it to 1500rpms then the oil pressure will come up to 40psi. If i let out of the gas the rpms drop to like 650rpms and the oil pressure drops to around 20psi then dies.

I tried to be as detailed as possible. Let me know what you guys think. I'm so lost

2. eg'sforlife

eg'sforlife New Member

ebay turbo = problem

3. chad122

chad122 New Member

haha never heard that one before

4. chad122

chad122 New Member

Any real ideas?

5. chad122

chad122 New Member

this site sucks

6. DAallday

DAallday New Member

you get what you pay for. clean the oil up. start the car. watch for any leaks.

7. efhondakid

efhondakid My name is Byron. VIP

Well I would not be surprised if the seals in the turbo are already blown, and white smoke is coolant burning.

That kind of attitude really makes people want to help you out.

8. Matts96HB

Matts96HB . Moderator VIP

You get what you pay for.
    Here, I've got one for ya. Get under the car and figure out where the leak is coming from.
    Then go elsewhere.

With that kind of attitude, I won't be visiting this thread again and I'm sure the same holds true for most of the knowledgeable people on this site.

9. DESPAIN

DESPAIN yep....mmhhm.......yep...

Sounds like yout oil seal in your turbo. Mine is doing the same thing. Still makes good power and everything just smokes after hitting boost.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted