B16A 1 INTO A CRX HF?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

99LEEGS

cAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT SORT OF RAMIFICATIONS I WOULD BE IN FOR IF I WAS TO SWAP
THE 1990 CRX HF'S D16A FOR A B16A 1 ENGINE. I WILL HAVE THE WIRING HARNESS,
AND SUCH. I NEED TO KNOW ABOUNT DIFFERENCE IN MOUNT POINTS AND ANYTHING THAT IS
GOING TO GIVE ME PROBLEMS. iF ANYONEOUT THERE KNOWS, PLEASE HELP ME OUT.

'PRECIATE IT.

Originally posted by 99LEEGS@Oct 14 2003, 10:16 AM
cAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT SORT OF RAMIFICATIONS I WOULD BE IN FOR IF I WAS TO SWAP

'PRECIATE IT.

Hmm the only thing is that you need ot get the crx si hubs or dx 5 speed hubs. Otherwise the axles wont fit since the hole is smaller.

Originally posted by 99LEEGS@Oct 14 2003, 10:16 AM

'PRECIATE IT.

D16a in a HF?

First correction, the HF has a 1.5 liter motor, not the D16a..... But thats alright. You need to contact a respectable company for motor mounts and shift linkage, such as hasport or place racing. Make sure you have a first gen B16a with a cable tranny. You will need older integra axles or JDM CRX axles, but as was posted above, you will need Si or DX hubs due to the HF's smaller axle size. On the drivers side frame rail you will need to put a 6"x6" indention in the side in order to clear the B16a's alternator pulley...... this location is about 6" back from the drivers side motor mount..... You will need different radiator hoses and preferrably a new place racing front crossmember made for the CRX w/ a B16a.... There is a lot more to it, but I'm tired of typing. Someone else fill in the rest. Hahahaha

ITs just like dropping it into an si. The only thing is as mentioned before you will need to get si/dx 5 speed hubs. I got a complete b16a for sale if you are interested. Everything you need to drop in your car right now. Motor,tranny,pr3 ecu,axles, intermediate shart, hcp 4 mount kit (one of the best if not ..the best kit out there IMO) and hasport shift linkage all for 1500 plus shipping. I'm located in chicago area. All you will need is the hubs which you can get it from the junkyard fairly cheap.

Originally posted by MaliWho97@Oct 16 2003, 12:01 PM
Depending on the mileage, that is a damn good deal man, that separately would run you $2000 or better...

About the mileage. I couldn't really tell. The shop i got it from said 30k. But we all know thats not entirely true. So i dont know i'm guessing 56k miles. Its a healthy motor. Thats all i know for sure :)

do you need dx/si hubs from an ef or can you use any hubs from a 88-00 civic/ 90+ teg. i assume you can because all the axles fit, and i would think it would be beneficial to get the larger teg disk brakes with the hubs.. or am i wrong?

Back