B16A 90 ef daily, needs attention plz help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

integraboomer

okay i just got a 90 civic hatch with a b16A swap,the car is my daily and has a few problems that need fixed soon.
1. car runs rich, has adj fuel reg,fuel rail, 255 fuel pump how can i get it to run right? It smells really bad!
2. car uses a lot of oil but it is leaking, noticed alot of oil comes out of breather on valve cover, the breather is soaked in oil. is this bad? should i get a catch can?
3. cel for tps but car still runs fine, big concern? also has aem wideband o2 setup, when it did work sometimes it would go to 15-17 is this bad tune? shouldnt it be near 12 all the time? and the gauge randomly quit working and says 14.7-8 all the time, heard this was bad sensor but when i drove it on gravel again it randomly worked again for a few and quit (i checked all connections so idk what the deal is).
4. there is a wire ran from the stock obd0 o2 connector to the exhaust like before the cat, there is nothing connected to it, i did notice like i have an exhaust leak and there is no o2 in the hole before the cat!! I noticed my car gets crappy mpg and call me crazy but does not run as strong as it did, could having no 02 be why? and shouldnt it be throwing a code for o2 as well? car is running on obd0 ecu. any advice will be greatly appreciated! p.s sorry this is a lot of sh** lol.

1) What is the fuel pressure at? Set it to factory and see if that fixes the problem. If not, does the car have a chipped ECU?
2) Lots of oil in the breather generally isn't a good thing. This is a good indication of large amounts of blow-by, which mean oil is somehow getting past the piston rings.
3) CEL for TPS should be taken care of immediately. That is probably most of your problem right there.
4) Sounds like you have a poor connection somewhere in the wiring for your wideband. Either that or the sensor could be caked in shit from your oil issue.
5) The o2 also needs to be fixed.

It seems that you have quite a few things to fix lol, I'd start with fixing those things and then see how the car runs. A stock B16 should get fairly decent MPG when running correctly.

Back