B16A CEL Problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EG6Civic83

I just got through swapping my B16A SiRII into my 92 Hatch. Cranked first time. Runs great. Took it out and got the CEL. Brought it back and checked it: code 23 - knock sensor.

I am using the harness from my 92 Si and it has knock, vtec, etc., etc. I am running fully synthetic 5W30 and 93 octane. Timing is perfect. I should not be knocking. I have no idea why this thing keeps throwing a CEL. The car is hitting VTEC and the rev limiter is not engaged so I know it isn't running in LIMP mode. Any help would be freakin awesome at this point because I am out of ideas.

By the way. I have already checked timing, fuel injection, spark plugs and do not have an EGR valve. So, if anyone knows what it could be other than these things which supposedly cause knock then please feel free to comment.

Last edited:
I actually have the answer to my question now so a Mod can lock this or delete it. Turns out my information was incorrect and I do not have Knock pre-wired into my ECU plugs and harness. Had to run the wire for my Knock Sensor to D3.

Back