B16a gen2 clutch or throttle problem?????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ok I am going to try to explain this noise coming from my engine as best as possible. I had a friend change out my timing belt, but he did not check the crankshaft sprocket to see if the timing was right (he did check the timing on camshaft sprockets). When I drove it home and, every time I push the gas real fast there was a rattle/ring noise. The car drove fine I'm just worried about it. After he "fixed" the car he took it for a drive. I don't know if he new how to drive a stick that good or not but the same noise is louder when I let off the clutch slowly and take off slow at the same time it's just a loud rattle/ring noise.

>Did he burn my clutch up?

>Is it the crankshaft sprocket not being timed right?

Anything will help thanks.

if you're timing was wrong, it would throw a code-- let alone probably wouldn't run.

grab a timing light... run the car, and watch the BDTD mark on the crank pulley. there's a series of 3 lines on the pulley. you might have to turn the crank over by hand to get it just right, or a bump of the igintion with out actually starting it is usually good for a1/4 turn or so.
line that line up to the up arrows on the cam(s).

then check ignition timing with a timing light.

if it still makes noise, its probably unrelated. perhaps a throw-out bearing in the clutch assembly?

So that noise can come from the crankshaft sprocket not on timing? If it's that then it won't be hard to fix, but if it's my clutch them i'm just going to pissed at the person that was supposed to fix my car.

Back