B16A got fuel no spark

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EF_EJB16A

i have an 89 civic hb B16, i just converted the wiring over to 91 CRX si with a 91 sedan engine harness. i have fuel but no spark. there is power to my dizzy. i check the coil and it has power too . it ran before i rewired the car. . . . :confused: I NEED HELP

thromastat grounds hooked up? they ground your ecu i had the same problem after my swap fuel pump wont turn on and dizzy was getting power just didnt know what to do with it

Check the rotor inside the distributor cap. Maybe the screw came loose or out.

everything is grounded good. and i changed the cap and rotor.. . the check engine doesn't go away and its throwing a 6 ( engine coolent temp)

" i have an 89 civic hb B16 i just converted the wiring over to 91 CRX si with a 91 sedan engine harness" Did you use the whole harness out of the 89 HB or just re-wire the 91 harness at the ecu plugs?

Check these things out

B10 should be orange crank sensor

B12 should be white crank sensor

B15 Should be fat white wire igniter unit

C1 should be Blue/green cylinder position sensor

C2 should be Blue/white cylinder position sensor

C3 should be orange/blue TDC sensor

C4 should be white/blue TDC sensor

Need to make sure the wires/pins are right on the harness Plug to the Distributor. The other 2 wire plug is your power to the distributor There is a pic of this plug in the reference section under pin outs for the distributor.

the dash harness is all 91 si. why would you need to rewire the ecu plug for anything other than the vtec ? its all obd 0

There not all the same !! You say dash harness? a 91 sedan engine harness Was this a DX?? because the pin outs are different .

ok the car is a dx the dash harness is from a crx si, the rear harness is from a crx si and the engine is from a EX nothing on the car is dual point with a b16a. we made a conversion harness for a the old DX wiring but not i want to ref my car, the car ran with the old wiring. all the stuff your telling me to rewire are already there on the SI wiring. except the vtec pressure switch, solenoid, and the second O2 sensor...

Last edited:
EX?? i would double check the pin outs i posted, as thats how it should be wired for a Obd 0 b16 HF/SI crx

ya EX its the multiport fuel injected FOUR door . . . . not dual point. it has the SAME motor as the si A D16A6

everything is grounded good. and i changed the cap and rotor.. . the check engine doesn't go away and its throwing a 6 ( engine coolent temp)

Did you double check the plug? Make sure that it's plugged it and tight. I would wrap some white piping tape around it. You know what I'm talking about? I can't think of the name at the given moment.

Now, I'm lost. Does the car not start. This douche with the pin-outs in confusing the hell out of me.

How is it going to start when he has NO SPARK...

for one if your check engine light doesnt come on then your fuel pump is not turning on (no fuel) First take a test light and see if dizzy is getting power... what i think it is is either main fuel relay your something is not ground or wired right... how did you hook up the new harness? and what i was saying is that back on the tormostat housing theres like two bolts and one should have like 6 wires going to it (ecu grounds) i hade the same problem with my swap dizzy had power but no spark. check engine light would not come on... so fuel pump would not turn on so no fuel.... just go through your car see whats getting poiwer and whats not that should norrow it down

my fuel pump is turning on. my check engine light turns on and stays on. and yes i took a light tester to my dizzy thats how i know it has power.... but still no spark i checked the coil and it has power too. the engine is grounded i know what you are talking about with the ground i have wired up a honda before. . . . its there and bolted down tight and there aren't 6 wires there are 4. this car is PISSING ME OFF!!!!!!!!!!!

Back