B16a hi compression what to do???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gatto-is-alive

i have a stock b16a and i want to get higher com raio like 11.5-12.0:1
i have stage 2 cams and i'm gonna get super tech valve springs and retainers,
DH racing high comp head gasket and i gonna put the skuk2 pro series IM amd a 70mm throtlle body to comply with the rest of mods.

How much will i have to shave the head to get my desired comp ratio without touching the block and the pistons?

And what is your opinion about my tuning?

If you are going to go through all that work with the head, why not rebuild everything on the bottom end since it will be apart? New pistons, rings, etc. will be a good investment and will save you time in the long run.

:blush:i dont wanna get the entire engine out of the car for now but that will be the next time i decide to get more power bcos of the budget

This may be a week late, but ZealAutowerks.com has AWESOME compression calculators for the honda motors. check it out. Keep in consideration valve clearances, and whether or not your going to run high profile cams in the future.

Or...

Just get a bottom end parts that will raise the compression and rebuild the whole thing at once. They make all kinds of pistons that will raise or lower the compression of the motor. Spend the money right the first time so you don't have to touch it again.

Or...

Just get a bottom end parts that will raise the compression and rebuild the whole thing at once. They make all kinds of pistons that will raise or lower the compression of the motor. Spend the money right the first time so you don't have to touch it again.

Word....if your trying to raise compression it's not going to raise much with just a headgasket and head work...pistons will make a larger change

Back