1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b16a in crx

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by 101OCTANE, Mar 27, 2007.

1. 101OCTANE

101OCTANE New Member

alright .. whenever i take the motor to 8000 it wont let me and over revs at about 7500 rpm instead and when vtec engages its a weak pull, sometimes it seems as if vtec doesn't even engage .. any tips on what the problem could be .. im thinking it something with the harness and ecu ..

2. goldgreen90ef

goldgreen90ef goldgeen90ef

check your oil level .... just a suggeston, also check your vtec sol. screen they can get clogged

3. Citizen_Insane

Citizen_Insane Senior Member

What ECU are you running? I assume since you say its a b16a you're running a PW0 or PR3 OBD0 ECU, correct?

4. rex187

rex187 Member

check the wireing or if u have a vtec subharness check the plugs. i had a problem like this after i did my swap and it turned out to be that the wires to the plugs on my sub harness where being pulled out because it was to long and getting caught on something.i also had a problem with the pr3 the one i had would not let me go past 7000rpms and vtec was weaker than the mines pr3 that i have now.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted