B16A into 93 hb

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bill

I'm putting a B16A into my 93 hb i currently have the D15B7. Can anyone give me an idea of what i'm looking at as far as any wiring issues?Mounting problems?
i know there is better swaps out there its just a thing of convienience.
thanks

ahhh you have alot of work ahead of you...lol

well this is what you need to do.
1 you are going to need you obd1 injectors
2 you are going to need an obd1 dizzy
3 you are going to need an obd1 ecu because obd0 ecus don't have a convertor out unless you custom make one! aka pain in the ass
4 you need to pick what tranny you are going to use the cable tranny or get a hydro tranny. i would say get rid of the cable and get a hydro the gears are better and it is easier then getting a convertor.
5 depending on what tranny you choice you're going to need the intermediate shaft and axles to go with it.
after that you should be ready to roll let me know what else you need to know

Originally posted by civiclxb16@Jan 26 2005, 11:08 PM
ahhh you have alot of work ahead of you...lol

well this is what you need to do.
1 you are going to need you obd1 injectors
2 you are going to need an obd1 dizzy
3 you are going to need an obd1 ecu because obd0 ecus don't have a convertor out unless you custom make one! aka pain in the ass
4 you need to pick what tranny you are going to use the cable tranny or get a hydro tranny. i would say get rid of the cable and get a hydro the gears are better and it is easier then getting a convertor.
5 depending on what tranny you choice you're going to need the intermediate shaft and axles to go with it.
after that you should be ready to roll let me know what else you need to know
[post=451918]Quoted post[/post]​

Good news ive got all that , now i've hooked up all of the electrical and i have 2 sensors left underneath the intake on the back side of the motor ...my civic wiring doesn't have any plugs for them ....any idea what they might be? one is right beside the oil pressure sensor and the other is directly under the intake runners...
thanks again for any help
Chris

i have the same swap in one of my hb it has a senor thats on the intake manfoild that is no used the on you said is by the runners as for the other one i will take a look go swap its cheap and strong

Don't forget the motor bracket shaped like and L on the back. From a 94+ teg or 99-00 si. If you use a hydro tranny otherwise you can use the one that came with the motor if you are using the cable tranny, but then you have to use a cable to hydro conversion from hasport. Then you need a throttle cable from a Ls as well, depending on which one you get you might have to change out the gas pedal assembly as well.

Back