b16a into 96 ek hatchback

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

96goldek

alright guys maybe im noob for not knowing this but i need your help, i recently purchased a b16a and im looking to swap it in , im picking up motor mounts from innovative mounts that says it will fit any B series motor into my car from 96-00 civic and i have a cable tranny and i chose those mounts, then i got on password jdm and they show a L bracket for the rear? do I need that mount still on top of the 335 dollars i paid for mounts from innovative?

My other question is I dont know what wiring harness my d16y7 has, i know the motor i purchased (b16a) has a pretty hacked up obd1 harness but i cant use it, im curious if i could use my D series harness for it or if you guys have a site to refer me to so i can pick up a OBD1 harness.

thanks for the help hopefully what i typed up here makes sense and somebody can show me the light on what im missing, Thanks again.
Josh.

also i dont know if it makes any difference but my d16y7 is not vtec, i dont know how that information you could take into use unless it has something to do with my wiring harnesses

yeah been on there already, i was hoping i could find something less than 200 dollars but thanks, any info on whether I can use the harness from my d16y7 on the b16a?

use your stock harness and just add the wires that you dont have its like 2 wires

alright cool, whats the word on mounts? if I buy the innovative mounts i hear i need a a/c bracket, passenger side tranny mount, and a T- bracket are those all the mounts I need for the swap?

Back