1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B16a no spark

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by 90b16acivic, Feb 20, 2005.

1. 90b16acivic

90b16acivic Junior Member

hello,
    i have put a b16a into my 1990 civic si, i have a OBD0 PR3 ecu , the engine cranks but there is no spark there is power up to the distributor and i have checked the coil its good changed the cap, rotor,wires, plugs and still have nothing. but when i got the engine the disrtibutor cap was broken so could the moister have toasted the distributor or could there be other things i am over looking?
    thanks

2. projectxspeed

projectxspeed Senior Member

So you think the dizzy is broke, try a new dizzy. If that solves your problem cool, if not return the dizzy and post it up.

3. 90b16acivic

90b16acivic Junior Member

okay tried known workin dizzy and still no spark.

4. speedracing

speedracing Junior Member

Check the ECU fuse in the engine bay.. if the fuse is good then try a different ecu..
    Make sure that the coil is good.. replacing a different distributor doesn't mean anything if the coil in also bad.. I could only think of bad coil, ecu fuse busted, bad ecu, fuxked up wire connections somewhere..

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted