b16a now what?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

PHOBIA

well now that i have the b16a ive been after for almost a year i need something else.its just lacking something.its fine when im by my self but when i get one of my friends with me its just lagging cuz of the weight"big guys" so what should i do. i dont have the money for a turbo i dont want nos and a supercharger is just outa the question.i was kinda thinking i could beef up my fuel system .
1.AEM fuel rail
2.bbk fuel pump
3.venom fuel injectors.
4.later some kinda fuel controller. i.e "vafc,vafc2,venom 400 controll module.

would this give me some decent improvements for power? would it affect my idle? or should i just get a cam.if i get a cam then do i have to replace all my valves? i dont have much money to go around so im looking for something not to expensive but with resonable power.i was kinda thinking of going with the cam.i dont know what kind or brand but.

Skip the Venom, injectors and, fuel pump. Rock stock this stuff won't help you gain a pony. Provided you already have I/H/E you'd gain more with just a fuel pressure regulator and 3 more pounds of fuel pressure. Get a Skunk stage 1 and a VAFC, spend the other cash on the dyno time and you will be happy. This cam can run with stock valves and springs. They can all run on stock valves, but once you get into an aggressive ramp with a really hot cam you will have to upgrade the springs to prevent valve float. If you plan on boosting at some point leave it alone and skip the N/A cams. Hope this helps.

hmm.ok 745 bucks for the skunk2 cames.
what about switching my head to a gsr head or a b16 type r head?
how much more power would come from this and about how much do you think it would run?it would just be easier for me to ubolt the old head then bolt the new one on.

just put the skunk2 cams in your existing head...and tell me where you're finding skunk2 cams for 745 bucks? stage ones are 850 and stage 2/3 are 905 bucks on their site.

i went to inlinefour.com its a shop here in california.
stage on was $7.45 and i think you add $60-80 per next stage i cant remember.

ah sweet man, by all means go the cheaper route...I'm gonna try to find some skunk2 stage 2s on ebay before I shell out 900 for cams...

adding more fuel with out adding more air = less power, less gas mileage.

the stock fuel system (sans injectors) will support 250 whp, and more with a larger pump

What mods do you have on your car now? If you already have I/H/E, good aggresive cams that are tuned, etc...you will probably need to go with a bigger block, like Milan said.

stock b16 with a aem intake,custome exhaust all the way down and soon to add a greddy after i get tested at the chp.im going today infact.its nice and pretty quick right now.i let 2 of my friends go out and have fun with it for an hour and a half whal i was at work.they built up a nice kill list.i was surprised. maybee i should just work on fixing my trannny first then look insto some stage 2 cams.thanks for all the support guyz.

I got my skunk st2 cams, as well as skunk 2 valve springs and ti retainer for 700, just look around, and you will find some good deals. And get hondata and tune at a dyno if you are gonna upgrade fuel systems. just my .

Back