B16a Or B18c1

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dcsports413

highly debated question among my friends, b16a or gsr motor for turbo app. Which one is the best base?

IMO i would rather turbo a LS b18a or LS b18b non vtec. it would be quite a bit easier to do so and probably cheaper. depending on if your sleeving, new pistons, crank, rebuilding the head, ect, if you going to run an ass of psi in it. because if im correct, vtec acts as a turbo at a certain oil pressure/rpm. if you run a turbo on a vtec, you have to play with the turbo and vtec to make sure its tuned right. the non vtec is much easier, as long as your engine can handle it, its pretty much just bolt on. (w/ some few exceptions.) but if your looking for power and you have the money, do the b18c1. it has more torque.

gsr > b16

gsr has an oem crank girdle, more displacement, and more power.

the BEST IMO, its a gsr bottom with a b16 head.

ok, cool, will the comp be low enough? I planned on pistons and rods, what do u recommend?

What do u guys think about the b18b/T option?....alreadly low comp....

haha gsr bottom with a b16 head haha nice! thats what i had in my old integra.

it was funny back when me a friend did it everyone thought we were crazy.

but yeah its a good move bc it will also drop the compression .2 and then give you better flow for the up top power

the faster you want to go the more you have to spend if you want to do it right. but yeah i would get some low comp. pistons and some good rods

Originally posted by kickuaround@May 16 2003, 08:05 PM
the faster you want to go the more you have to spend if you want to do it right. but yeah i would get some low comp. pistons and some good rods

i like 10:0.1 compression JE's they work nice

im runnng 9:1
but im also 100% built and plan to run st00pid boost levels

Back