B16A Q?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDM91SIR

I got a JDM B16a in my 91 civic si hatch and i was wondering what would be the best way to make it a mid 13 to a low 13sec car? Or else im going with a d16a6 and a jackson racing supercharger.

swapping out a b16a for a supercharged d16a6 (especially jackson racing) is retarded

if you want to do it cheap, spray it

if you want to actually have power all the time, then go turbo

you might try pushing it across the finish line, or tow it maybe :p

he wont run 13s unless he sprays a big shot - b16 91 hatch runs what mid 15 maybe with good driver- 75 shot he will probably run mid 14 maybe a little lower -and if he dosnt know the basics to nitrous he will blow his motor , he should invest some time into getting to know the mechanics of his engine , and then he will know what he can throw @ it safely

I don't understand why people like nitrous so much. Your car will be slow unless your spraying and you can't spray all the time. You have to keep filling bottles up all the time if you race very often, that will add up fast. If you race as much as I have some nights, you will be out by the end out the night and your car will be slow again. I don't want to hear because it's cheap either, if your looking to be that cheap, forget about making your car fast and sell it. I wouldn't even call it a 13 second car... I would call it a low 15 second high 14 second car, but with a big shot of nitrous it can run 13's.

Originally posted by pheonixb16aguy+Dec 3 2004, 06:33 PM-->
beerbongskickass
@Dec 3 2004, 04:52 PM
I don't understand why people like nitrous so much.  Your car will be slow unless your spraying and you can't spray all the time.  You have to keep filling bottles up all the time if you race very often, that will add up fast.  If you race as much as I have some nights, you will be out by the end out the night and your car will be slow again.  I don't want to hear because it's cheap either, if your looking to be that cheap, forget about making your car fast and sell it.  I wouldn't even call it a 13 second car... I would call it a low 15 second high 14 second car, but with a big shot of nitrous it can run 13's.
[post=425951]Quoted post[/post]​

hahahhaha thats great a low 14 second car with a 75 shot .. caraudiophile on this forum ran a 13.6 with 50 shot all he has is b16 in ef hatch with i/h/e injectors and aem fuel rail.. my ntrous kit is on my brother car right now and its a all stock 97 lx full interior and he has the shitty y7 motor with long ass geared trany and he lost to me by like 2 car lenthgs at the end of m 3rd gear (and i run consistant 14.7's) he is running a 55 hp shot wide open throttle body with his exhaust taken off .... so id say the nitrous is worth it ... nitrous is cool cause you can spray wwhen you want or just take it slow and save gas ..as to a turbo where your sucking downing gas and blowin motors left and right .. but we wont get into the turbo is safe if tuned right argument .. i just personally have had problems with turbo setups
[post=426006]Quoted post[/post]​

And everyone else has problems with you.

I have been on Hondaswap 13 months longer than you and have only twice the posts. Who's the post whore? About 600 of your 800 posts are you suckling on importbuilders nipples. :bo:

pheonix averages 4.4 posts a day and sohcslammer averages 2.9 posts per day.
pheonix is the bigger post whore.

I however, average 9.8 posts per day. So I WIN.

But to be on topic...

If you throw a nitrous kit on your car and tune nothing, what happens?

If you throw a turbo kit on your car and tune nothing, what happens?

If you throw a nitrous kit on your car and tune it well, what happens?

If you throw a turbo kit on your car and tune it well, what happens?

Originally posted by Kcihcaton@Dec 3 2004, 06:45 PM
pheonix averages 4.4 posts a day and sohcslammer averages 2.9 posts per day.
pheonix is the bigger post whore.

I however, average 9.8 posts per day. So I WIN.
[post=426021]Quoted post[/post]​

:)

Whore.

I was actually at 9.9, so I'm gonna try to hit 10 with this post. Let's see...

edit: GOT IT!

Originally posted by pheonixb16aguy@Dec 3 2004, 06:33 PM
hahahhaha thats great a low 14 second car with a 75 shot .. caraudiophile on this forum ran a 13.6 with 50 shot all he has is b16 in ef hatch with i/h/e injectors and aem fuel rail.. my ntrous kit is on my brother car right now and its a all stock 97 lx full interior and he has the shitty y7 motor with long ass geared trany and he lost to me by like 2 car lenthgs at the end of m 3rd gear (and i run consistant 14.7's) he is running a 55 hp shot wide open throttle body with his exhaust taken off .... so id say the nitrous is worth it ... nitrous is cool cause you can spray wwhen you want or just take it slow and save gas ..as to a turbo where your sucking downing gas and blowin motors left and right .. but we wont get into the turbo is safe if tuned right argument .. i just personally have had problems with turbo setups
[post=426006]Quoted post[/post]​

You didn't even understand what I posted. I was saying with a b16 hatch, without nitrous you have what, like a low 15 second or high 14 second car? But with nitrous you can get into the 13's, but only when your spraying, when your not spraying it's slow. This post shows how stupid you are and you obviously know nothing about turbos or tuning, if you have had problems maybe you need to do more research. I can drive around all day and never boost once and still get 30+ mpg easy, so your theory about sucking gas down is false. The only reasons a turbo would blow your motor is if it's not tuned properly, you have some kind of mechanical failure, or your just boosting too much, etc... I have been beating my car hard for almost 10 months and it's still running strong because it was tuned well, the only thing I am worried about are my little d-series rods giving up on me.

This topic has gotten out of control. There will be no further discussion / argument.

Closed by a moderator.

:locked:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back