B16A SiR II motor mounts

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

12scrx

ive heard that the 92-95 JDM B16A SiR II will bolt rite into a 92-95 hatch when useing the factory mounts that come with the engine, is this true? also, i heard that most of the 92 hatches came with all except one of the vtec wires(i have a dx) if so, what else do i have to wire up and where can i get the little clips that clip into the ecu?
all help is appreciated

The second gen B16A and the 92-95 D series mounts are exactly yhe same, except for the torque mounts on the front of the engine, those you use the ones from the B series, and the rubber mount from the civic. The 92's were wired for vtec, so all you have to do is find the wires in the ECU, trace them to the harness, and then tap into them.

awesome man thanks, i wasnt sure if i had to use the motor mounts that came with the engine.
thanks again
george

I just put that engine into my 92 lx and only had to add a wire for the knock sensor, all the vtec wires are there allready because it's a 92.

what you can actually do for the knock sensor is to change the location of the pin for the evap purge control because the SIR2 engine doesn't have an evap purge valve. so you shouldn't even have to run any wires through the fire wall.

good luck dude

Back